Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » user management (10.2.0.1.0)
user management [message #335417] Tue, 22 July 2008 02:26 Go to next message
pmapc
hi,

I am using APEX as my development platform. My application need to have a user management to create users, groups and assign users to groups.I want to know what is the best way to implement this part of application.Someone told me it is better to use APEX user managemnt and keet a copy of usernames with some other extra fields for extra information, with APEX_UTIL.CREATE_USER and a simple insert command in my USERS table I could have my users in both tables(APEX and my application). I was wondering is it a good way to have user management in APEX applications or not?
by using this way I have encounterd some problems, for example creating a new user in my application need administrative privilege.

Thanks in advanced,
Re: user management [message #335457 is a reply to message #335417] Tue, 22 July 2008 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
so long it is an end user it is more advantage. otherwise by giving automotic previleges, you shall not be able to trace your
version since someone may tamper. Apart from that like any other
forms reports, it is not having fmx files. if exists, i also like
to know
Re: user management [message #335503 is a reply to message #335457] Tue, 22 July 2008 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pmapc
Sorry, but I can not understand what you described.
Re: user management [message #342623 is a reply to message #335503] Sat, 23 August 2008 05:47 Go to previous message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

sorry for my delayed reply.. By this time you yourself would have find the solution. still i like to reply since my created packages (apex) working fine and gives much control through
by creating users table along with password through separate page. This helps me to prevent access to my ora-tables directly.

still if my reply is not understandable to you, then I think i wrongly understood your problem.

yours
dr.s.raghunathan
Previous Topic: java packages
Next Topic: Integrating APEX with Oracle apps 11.5.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:16:42 CDT 2024