Home » Server Options » Replication » How many timestamp we should have for a table for confilct resolution? (oracle 10g)
How many timestamp we should have for a table for confilct resolution? [message #342998] Mon, 25 August 2008 16:28 Go to next message
ma_rabii
Hi everybody,
I have a question about the timestamp conflict resolution.
let me describe my question with making an example:
I have a table(test1) with 3 columns(a,b,c)

I do also have 3 column groups one for a ,one for b and one for c
if i want to use timestamp conflict resolution for b and c should I add 2 coulmn timpstamp1 and stimestamp2 to test1 for each of these columns and define 1 trigger for each of them?

I hesitated because if it is true and for example if we have lots of columns which need timestamp conflict resolution the size of our table become very big.Is it correct?

Could you please answer ?
Thank you

Re: How many timestamp we should have for a table for confilct resolution? [message #344988 is a reply to message #342998] Tue, 02 September 2008 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Hello,

Quote:
if i want to use timestamp conflict resolution for b and c should I add 2 coulmn timpstamp1 and stimestamp2 to test1 for each of these columns and define 1 trigger for each of them?

Why you want to add more than one column in timestamp conflict resolution?

The earliest timestamp and latest timestamp methods are variations on the minimum and maximum value methods. To use the timestamp method, you must designate a column in the replicated table of type DATE. When an application updates any column in a column group, the application must also update the value of the designated timestamp column with the local SYSDATE. For a change applied from another site, the timestamp value should be set to the timestamp value from the originating site.

Babu
Re: How many timestamp we should have for a table for confilct resolution? [message #345429 is a reply to message #344988] Wed, 03 September 2008 10:10 Go to previous message
ma_rabii
Thank you so much for your respond.As you mentioned I am going to use the timestamp conflict resolution (for ine column group which contains all the columns+ sysdate)but my question was that if I wanted to have more than one column group what with 2 timestamp conflict resolution.
Anyway I have chosen to make one column group so I have not problem anymore.
mery Smile
Previous Topic: problem in defining schedule push
Next Topic: Data Synchronization Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:31:23 CDT 2024