Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » ons requires a manual start, though doing srvctl -nodeapp status [node] show "ons daemon is run
ons requires a manual start, though doing srvctl -nodeapp status [node] show "ons daemon is run [message #351639] Wed, 01 October 2008 18:12 Go to next message
baldie
Guys,

Would appreciate some followup on this.

I have setup a RAC successfully on RHEL 4, the RAC consist of two nodes. The issue i am facing is that on doing an "srvctl status nodeapps -n node-name" (in either of the nodes) it says that all the services including ONS Daemon is running , whereas when i try to do an onsctl ping it gives "ons is not running" message, so i wonder that doesn't the "ONE daemon is running" signify that ons is actually running, seems like its not since i am not able to communicate with middle-tier for Fast Connection Failover.

Anyways on manually doing onsctl start, i do get the ons running message (and the middle-tier and RAC do communicate properly when FAST Connection Failover is initially). I wouldnt worry much doing this manual step, but the problem is that this is required to be done every time a node is bounced (erractically or manually) which is an issue.

Please share your thoughts, anything particular i need to look into ?

Thanks in advance,

Farhan.
Re: ons requires a manual start, though doing srvctl -nodeapp status [node] show "ons daemon is [message #351640 is a reply to message #351639] Wed, 01 October 2008 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
baldie
By the way am using Oracle database version 10.2.0.3.0.
Re: ons requires a manual start, though doing srvctl -nodeapp status [node] show "ons daemon is [message #351645 is a reply to message #351640] Wed, 01 October 2008 19:59 Go to previous message
ebrian
You may want to verify the information in $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/conf/ons.config and see if there are any helpful messages in $CRS_HOME/log/<host_name> directory.

$ORACLE_HOME/crs/onsctl debug may also provide some insight.
Previous Topic: Oracle RAC Sessions
Next Topic: HOW PERL CONNECT 10G RAC DATABASE WITHOUT 'SYSDBA' PRIVILEGE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:18:44 CDT 2024