Home » Infrastructure » Linux » 11G installer hangs (11g, AMD64bit Ubuntu 8.04)
11G installer hangs [message #354346] Fri, 17 October 2008 23:24
lynwode
I trying to install Oracle 11g (64bit) on Ubuntu 8.04 (64bit).
I have followed the tutorial at http://www.pythian.com/blogs/968/ins...ts-hardy-heron and all goes well until the coping of files happens where it hangs at 2%. the last few lies of the log file are:

INFO: *** Install Page***
INFO: FastCopy : File Version is Compatible
INFO: Install mode is fastcopy mode for component 'oracle.server' with Install type 'EE'.
INFO: Link phase has been specified as needed
INFO: Setup phase has been specified as needed
INFO: HomeSetup JRE files in Scratch :0
INFO: Setting variable 'ROOTSH_LOCATION' to '/u01/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/root.sh'. Received the value from a code block.
INFO: Setting variable 'ROOTSH_LOCATION' to '/u01/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1/root.sh'. Received the value from a code block.
INFO: Performing fastcopy operations based on the information in the file 'oracle.server_EE_exp_1.xml'.
INFO: Performing fastcopy operations based on the information in the file 'racfiles.jar'.
INFO: Performing fastcopy operations based on the information in the file 'oracle.server_EE_dirs.lst'.
INFO: Performing fastcopy operations based on the information in the file 'oracle.server_EE_filemap.jar'.
INFO: Performing fastcopy operations based on the information in the file 'oracle.server_EE_1.xml'.
INFO: Performing fastcopy operations based on the information in the file 'setperms1.sh'.
INFO: Number of threads for fast copy :1
WARNING: Do you really want to exit?
INFO: User Selected: Yes/OK

I also noticed that in the terminal window where I ran the installer from the following is repeated numerous times:

ulimit: 1: Illegal option -u

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas of where too look?

cheers,
Tim.
Previous Topic: install oracle-xe-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm in rhel 5
Next Topic: ocfs2 issue on SuSE 10.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:44:24 CDT 2024