Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Problem connecting to the server in local...
Problem connecting to the server in local... [message #365456] Tue, 16 June 1998 16:53 Go to next message
Dafir
Hi everyone,

I am using Oracle 7. And I cannot connect to the database by sql*plus or any other means on the server using TCP/IP protocols.

This is what I did: I used Sql*Net Easy Configuration on the Server to configure the access to the database using TCP/IP protocol. The server is well configured according to the IP address. But when I try to connect to the database, I have a TNS error.

what is strange is that if i configure with the Beq protocol I can connect.

Any ideas? Did I miss something in the configuration?

Dafir.
Re: Problem connecting to the server in local... [message #365488 is a reply to message #365456] Tue, 30 June 1998 14:08 Go to previous message
Clara Welch
Dafir:

I am going to guess that the error you're getting is ORA-12154: TNS could not resolve service name.

I had to be extra careful to use the "SID" in the TNSNAMES.ORA file. I also had to be careful in how I set up that particular file.

Also I had to edit the sqlnet.ora file as well, and make multiple phone calls to a DBA.
Previous Topic: Welcome
Next Topic: SQL*Net client-side
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:21:56 CDT 2024