Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Errors on NT Services
Errors on NT Services [message #365822] Wed, 09 February 2000 15:10 Go to next message
att
Hi:
I wrote yesterday in an attempt to find out why I could not start Oracle Services and Start on my NT machine. It is a standalone and not connected to a network. Received the following error messages: "Could not start Oracle Service ORCL on \\SERVER. Error 0126: The specified module could not be found" And on the Oracle Start, I could not start that service either. Error " Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start" Can some one help me correct these?
Thanks,
Adina
Re: Errors on NT Services [message #365828 is a reply to message #365822] Thu, 10 February 2000 10:33 Go to previous message
Thierry Van der Auwera
Hallo Adina,

The error "The dependency service ..." is normal that you get this because this service is dependent upon the
the OracleServiceORCL. And when this is not starting then the other can also not start.
Now for this OracleServiceORCL : this service is just starting an oracle program, which you can find in the NT
registry, look at :"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\OracleServiceORCL" there under the item
"ImagePath" you can see the program the service must start. ex: "D:\orant\bin\oracle80.exe ORCL"
Now go in a DOS-box and try to start this program manually.
Maybe the service can not find the program, or running it here you will get more information.
When this is still not working, please let me know, there are still some other things that can go wrong.
It's difficult for me without be able to see whats happening, but we will find the solution.

Hope to hear positive news from you.

Greetings,

Thierry.
Previous Topic: NT Bootstrap Instance
Next Topic: Re: Oracle Installer for NT dies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:30:20 CDT 2024