Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » A Real-time application
A Real-time application [message #366592] Fri, 17 September 1999 10:20 Go to next message
varghese
I have to develope an oracle realtime application where I need to query the database every 15 seconds from 15 client machines(like IE4.0). The front is a VC++ application. If all the clients query the database every 15 seconds, will the oracle database be able to handle all these requests? Can I create an MTS ATL COMponents and which does the the query every 15 seconds and help all the 15 clients instead of all the clients quering directly? Please help.
Re: A Real-time application [message #366597 is a reply to message #366592] Thu, 11 November 1999 00:48 Go to previous message
Madhav
Hey vargheese,
Oracle RDBMS is a very reliable, scalable database.It can handle your querying requirements very conveniently. Go ahead with your component development, that will certainly increase the efficiency of querying process at the same maintaining the robustness of your front end application.
Bye
Madhav
Previous Topic: New Oracle Certification for Java/Internet Developers
Next Topic: Start and shutdown an instance with JDBC ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:34:37 CDT 2024