Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » How can i load Java system classes?
How can i load Java system classes? [message #366737] Fri, 17 November 2000 10:31 Go to next message
Marina Kerbel
Hello,

Our 8.1.5 database was replaced with 8.1.6 database. After that the Java creation commands stopped working.

Example:
create or replace and compile java source named "MyJavaMethods"
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29547: Java system class not available: oracle/aurora/rdbms/Compiler

It appears that new database does not have Java system classes loaded. I would greatly appreciate any information on how to load them. Thanks.

Marina
Re: How can i load Java system classes? [message #366740 is a reply to message #366737] Mon, 20 November 2000 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicholas Gray
@ %your oracle home%\javavm\install\initjvm.sql

requires shared_pool_size of 50 MB and might take
up to 1 hour (that's what it says in the manual)

(had to restart twice before I found that piece of
information)

Sayonara
Re: How can i load Java system classes? [message #366743 is a reply to message #366737] Mon, 20 November 2000 14:09 Go to previous message
Marina Kerbel
Thank you very much for this info.

I ran the initjvm.sql scripts and it loaded system classes. However, it apparently did not give users privileges to create their own java sources or classes. (I was getting warning message that the program was
created with compilation errors every time I try to use 'create java source', but 'show error' gave 'no errors.')

To solve the problem, in addition to initjvm.sql I ran few other scripts: init_http.sql, init_namespace.sql, init_orb.sql, init_security.sql. I also changed java_pool_size to 20 MB (the default size was 0). Now
everything seems to work fine. Thanks.
Previous Topic: Pls help String Literal Too Long error when inserting a string value greater than 4kb into a CLOB fi
Next Topic: JAVA OBJECT STORAGE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:42:26 CDT 2024