Home » Infrastructure » Windows » New installs of 8i-EE over NT w/ ISS causes problems
New installs of 8i-EE over NT w/ ISS causes problems [message #367134] Sat, 26 February 2000 17:51
JeffreyJ
I am very very new to Oracle and wanted to share my initial 8i-EE install problem (I have the free version that came w/ Oracle8i for NT Starter Kit by Steve Bobrowski isbn 0-07-212248-x)
After I set up the NT server at home on a 4 system network, and put on SP4 I was ready to install per the book. Starting in chapter 3, you attempt to access the sample DB. I follwed everyting to the letter! I could never get a true "LOG ON" w/ SQL plus.
I continually got TNS listner errors??
I dumped and reloaded 3 times before noticing that SP4 defualts to installing IIS (internet Information Server i.e .http. FTP, gopher servers).
Thinking that this may cause havoc w/ the listners, I dumped, formatted and reloaded one more time.
BINGO- Everything works fine now. I can even connect to the sample DB from my local clients w/ the 8iEE Client load installed on other computers.

After 20hours on this....I wanted to send along in hope of helping others avoid! OR this is just plain wrong and you can elighten me!
Previous Topic: Stack Overflow Error with 16 bit SQLNET
Next Topic: Install Oracle 8 on windows 2000 server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:57:41 CDT 2024