Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » VOD-01413: Failed to listen for incoming connection requests
VOD-01413: Failed to listen for incoming connection requests [message #367633] Mon, 24 May 1999 12:12 Go to next message
Ihor B.
Does anyone know what this message means? I didn't find it in docs.
Despite Oracle Agent service successfully started it(message) pops up everytime when I start OEM.
We use Oracle 7.3.2.3.8 on NT4. OEM is started on Win95.

Please help!
Re: VOD-01413: Failed to listen for incoming connection requests [message #367663 is a reply to message #367633] Mon, 30 August 1999 05:11 Go to previous message
rini purbowati
Hey ...Mr lhor B.
Cause: The daemon process (vod.exe) was unable to perform a network listen. The nttnt.dll was not installed (i.e. the TCP/IP Protocol Adapter was not installed) or the default port of 7770 is already being used.

Action: If the user sees the following lines in sqlnet.ora, a trace file is generated. Assuming that ORACLE_HOME is located in c:, he should see

daemon.trace_level = 16

daemon.trace_directory = c:

Look in c:and open daemon.trc. Look for nslisten and check for any error indications. Run Daemon Manager to configure the port. The Listening Address parameter should read "Not Found." This is a message indicating that the parameter does not exist in the NT registry. To ensure that the parameter does not exist, double click the Listening Address line and press the Remove button.
Previous Topic: Win95 Client Issue?
Next Topic: Connecting to PC Oracle 8 through Forms 5.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:58:35 CDT 2024