Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Data Gatherer service (process) on NT ?
Data Gatherer service (process) on NT ? [message #369320] Tue, 15 August 2000 17:08 Go to next message
Rick
I installed OEM diagnostics pack and tunning pack, but can not get Performance Manager to work.
I find that Data Gatherer is not running and don't know how to start it through control panel (I don't see it in services list) or with command 'oradim80'.

please help, thanks.
Re: Data Gatherer service (process) on NT ? [message #369322 is a reply to message #369320] Wed, 16 August 2000 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miki
Which version of Oracle do you have?

Intelligent Agent Releases 8.0.5, 8.0.6, and 8.1.x include Data Collection Services (Data
Gatherer).

Try to reinstall Intelligent Agent.
How about OracleOraHome81TNSListener ? [message #369326 is a reply to message #369322] Wed, 16 August 2000 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rick
Thanks, Viks,
I installed the Intelligent Agent and got Data Gatherer running.
But there is still one piece missing:
OracleOraHome81TNSListener.
I have one machine running Performace Manager perfectly, now I'm installing it on another machine. I find that OracleOraHome81TNSListener service is also required for Performace Manager to run, but I don't know why Oracle Installer does not install it for me.
Thanks again.
it's all working after I... [message #369327 is a reply to message #369320] Wed, 16 August 2000 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rick
Thanks.
After I uninstalled everything and reinstalled Oracle8i Server and Management Pack, it works fine now.
At the first time, I tried to install only Management Pack to monitor a remote db, but it didn't install the Intelligent Agent for me (even though I used Custom option), then I tried to install Intelligent Agent from Oracle8i Server CD, it did install Intelligent Agent and got Data Gatherer service running, but it didn't install(or start) TNSListener service.
so...I believe that the order of installation different components is the matter.
Thanks.
Re: How about OracleOraHome81TNSListener ? [message #369329 is a reply to message #369322] Thu, 17 August 2000 05:56 Go to previous message
Miki
Hi!

Oracle TNSListener service is installed
together with Oracle Net8 Products.
Try to select custom installation and
reinstall Oracle Net8 products.

Read Troubleshooting Net8 section from
Oracle Net8 Administrator's Guide in case
you have problems with listener config.
Previous Topic: Can Oracle on Solaris send e-mails via MS Exchange??
Next Topic: question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:13:37 CDT 2024