Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How to retrieve the default path for datafiles
How to retrieve the default path for datafiles [message #369344] Mon, 21 August 2000 12:34 Go to next message
Paul
Hi All,
running the following statement on 3 NT machines:

CREATE TABLESPACE new_user_DATA
DATAFILE 'new_user_DATA' SIZE _tec_size....etc...

in 2 pc the datafile is created under c:\orant\database but in the 3rd pc, the datafile is created under c:\winnt\system32.
Could someone tell me how is it possible to retrieve the default path where the datafile will be created when it's not specified ?
Thanks in advance...ciao,
Paul

p.s. Also using select * from dba_data_files I don't have the full path where the files has been created but just its name.
Re: How to retrieve the default path for datafiles [message #369346 is a reply to message #369344] Tue, 22 August 2000 04:29 Go to previous message
Gawie Opperman
Hallo Paul,

I think what is happening here is that because you don't specify the full path, the 'current' directory is used. The current directory I would guess would be the one from where oracle was started and there isn't a default path. Rather follow the golden rule, don't use a releative path, but specify the FULL path, then the complete path would appear in DBA_DATA_FILES. I suggest you rename (and move) your datafiles to show the complete filenames.

Gawie
Previous Topic: Checkpoints and Instance recovery
Next Topic: UTL_FILE Reading More than 1022 Characters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:00:55 CDT 2024