Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » OCP DBA
OCP DBA [message #370353] Thu, 02 September 1999 02:45 Go to next message
ian
any one know if there is a limit on the time between taking each test and if so what it is?
Re: OCP DBA [message #370358 is a reply to message #370353] Thu, 02 September 1999 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Venu
Hi,

Within 1 year of registering for the first examination all other 3 exams (Total 4) to be completed. All exams can be taken even on the same day. An exam can be taken for a maximum of 3 times if one fails. If one fails, he will have to wait for exactly 30 days for taking the same examination. So the duration limit is 1 day to 1 year.

Regards.
Venu
Re: OCP DBA [message #370361 is a reply to message #370358] Fri, 03 September 1999 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ian
is that one year after REGISTERING for the test with Sylvan or one year after first or first successful attempt?
Re: OCP DBA [message #370364 is a reply to message #370358] Fri, 03 September 1999 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Venu
Ian,

This depends on the following parameters:

1. You are taking Oracle 7.3 or Oracle 8. If you are taking Oracle 8 then it is from the date of registering for the first examination (with Sylvan) as this exam is going to be provided for quite sometime to come. But if you are taking Oracle 7.3, it is still the same way as Oracle 7.3 but the problem is Oracle7.3 OCP-DBA will be discontinued with prior notice (of 6 Months).

2. After 3 unsuccessful attempts of a particular examination, you will have to wait for 1 year to take that particular exam. But this time (that is after one year) the exam is assumed to be registered only then so you will have one more year to complete the OCP-DBA.

3. So, Look for the discontinuance notice of Oracle 7.3 OCP-DBA exams on the Oracle web site.

For your information, any OCP-DBA certification is valid for a period of only 6 Months or until no upgrade exams are available. In the case of Oracle 7.3 DBA there is already one Oracle 8 OCP-DBA upgrade exam available and another Oracle8i upgrade OCP-DBA exam (Beta ofcourse) is also available.

If you are taking the exams, All the best for your OCP-DBA exams. The exams are not very tough, but it is slightly tricky. Do the exams slowly as you have 90 minutes for 60 questions, but read the questions very carefully (especially english, normally twist is there in the way question in english is formed rather than the complication of the question itself).

Thanx & Regards.
Venu
Re: OCP DBA [message #371463 is a reply to message #370353] Wed, 25 October 2000 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammed Abdul Azeem
Hi ,

I am preparing for 8i exam , i need test papers and other information for the exam , can any one help me ?. Thanks

Regards
M A AZEEM
OCP DBA [message #371546 is a reply to message #370353] Sat, 04 November 2000 14:35 Go to previous message
Seth
Hi

Can anyone let me know how can I get OCP DBA oracle 8.0 question papers?

Help in this reg is deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Oracle Vs sybase merits and demerits
Next Topic: How insert a image in my database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 13:07:56 CDT 2024