Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Calling APEX page in cognos report (oracle9i)
Calling APEX page in cognos report [message #417249] Thu, 06 August 2009 13:32 Go to next message
shrinika
Hello,

I am very new to APEX. I have the below requirement.

I have Oracle database with Cognos tool. My cognos report display the data and business
wanted to have url on the cognos report. Business wanted to click that link and open
another page and they need to modify the data and save the data back to database.

Is this possible to call apex page in cognos report? I just wanted to check this before
i take this path.. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
Re: Calling APEX page in cognos report [message #417407 is a reply to message #417249] Fri, 07 August 2009 18:42 Go to previous message
andrew again
If you can create a link in a cognos report, then you can make that a link to Apex. You probably want to specify the URL in a table, so that you can change it without modifying the cognos report each time you move Apex around. Unless you link the congnos authentication into the Apex solution your user would presumably need to log in twice?

You should read up on Apex session ID 0 - it may be helpful in this situation.

.../f?p=[app-id]:[page-id]:0

[Updated on: Fri, 07 August 2009 18:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Cookie is diplay in html?
Next Topic: Oracle Apex installation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:13:58 CDT 2024