Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » oracle 10g Application Server cloning HELP URGENT
oracle 10g Application Server cloning HELP URGENT [message #426673] Sun, 18 October 2009 15:26 Go to next message
kiran.reddy
Hello All,
I have been given a new assignment which involves Oracle Applications server 10g, i am new to oracle application server and hoping that some one will please clarify my doubts.

i have to clone a production machine (Solaris 10) which has oracle AS 10g, this machine had oracle database 10g before and just the application server was installed on it, i have to clone a test environment for this machine, i have the following two doubts

1) Is it possible to just install Oracle Application server 10g on a machine which already contains oracle 10g database, if so then what about the database that gets installed when installing Oracle application server 10g.

2) How to clone the above production machine, should the oracle 10g database be cloned first and then oracle application server 10g cloned on the new machine?

Eagerly waiting for a reply
Re: oracle 10g Application Server cloning HELP URGENT [message #430693 is a reply to message #426673] Wed, 11 November 2009 15:17 Go to previous message
wombat
Please provide your setup.

1. Is it just the console and web?
2. Is it console, web, and containers?
2a. If containers are involved which ones (BPEL, OWSM, etc)?

Unfortunately the cloning document is about as screwed up as the cluster document. Oracle definitely did not put their cluster document through UAT and I'm sure the same goes for the cloning document as they would realize how stupid it really is.

My personal advice would to be rebuild, much easier.
Previous Topic: oc4j 10.1.3.5 deployment - Unable to resolve datasource: jdbc/OracleDS
Next Topic: ORACLE SOA SUITE 10G RELEASE 3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:10:07 CDT 2024