Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » user and metadata permissions
user and metadata permissions [message #444116] Thu, 18 February 2010 14:11 Go to next message
miroconnect@yahoo.com
how can I verify if a non schema user has permissions to

arguments of functions and procedures that are accessible to the current user
Re: user and metadata permissions [message #444117 is a reply to message #444116] Thu, 18 February 2010 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

Please clarify your question
Re: user and metadata permissions [message #444118 is a reply to message #444117] Thu, 18 February 2010 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miroconnect@yahoo.com
ok I am getting connection using a non schema user in java,
and would like to call a sql function, for calling a function I must know what are the parameters , to know the parameters I must get metadata from connection,now this metadata does not return any information , I would like to know why the connection is not returning metadata for this user , now If I get connection using schema user I get metadata information , please help me see metadata inforamtion for any user
Re: user and metadata permissions [message #444121 is a reply to message #444118] Thu, 18 February 2010 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

I am sorry to see that CUT & PASTE are broken for you.

I don't know what you do.
I don't know what you have.
I don't know what you see.

Hopefully others can understand your issue because I still don't understand what problem needs a solution.
Re: user and metadata permissions [message #444137 is a reply to message #444121] Thu, 18 February 2010 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miroconnect@yahoo.com
here in other words

I get connection for a non schema user and try to call a sql function

the generated call is

DEBUG org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate - Calling stored procedure [{? = call SSI_INTEGRATION.GETUSERINFO()}]

now If I get connection for a schema user the generated call is
org.springframework.jdbc.core.simple.SimpleJdbcCal l - Compiled stored procedure. Call string is [{? = call SSI_INTEGRATION.GETUSERINFO(?)}]

see the difference the first call connection object could not tell that this function needs an input parameter ,
but the second a schema user it said ab out the input paramter

, now I am trying to find what might cause this difference?

in oracle terms can I find if user has persmission to parameters of a fucntion ?

Re: user and metadata permissions [message #444140 is a reply to message #444137] Thu, 18 February 2010 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
I am tempted to move this thread down to the JAVA sub-forum, because it has nothing to do with SQL or PL/SQL; just JAVA.

>I get connection for a non schema user
To some/many/most Oracle folks a schema is a user.

So EXACTLY what do you consider to be "a non schema user"?

How does a non schema user differ from a schema user?
Re: user and metadata permissions [message #444146 is a reply to message #444140] Thu, 18 February 2010 21:24 Go to previous message
ramoradba
And even
>but the second a schema user it said ab out the input paramter
I am unable to find such parameter....in both.

sriram Smile
Previous Topic: Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.1.0., RHEL 2.1 AS, jdk 1.3
Next Topic: cannot get metadata infroamtion for non schema user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:42:51 CDT 2024