Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » How Does Form on a Table with Report Work ?? (Apex 3.2.1, Win xp)
How Does Form on a Table with Report Work ?? [message #445669] Wed, 03 March 2010 05:19 Go to next message
BBMamun
Hi I am new in Apex. I am in fact an Oracle Form Developer with some experience. I made a form in Apex on a Table with Report. It works great. I wanted to know how The form works. When I look for clues where it gets the primary key value from, I really see no clues on which page it is from? which is the primary key, How the form is populated with data, I really get nothing. I am in puzzle to determine it. Ho can I know these? Any body please help me.

Hasan Al Mamun
Re: How Does Form on a Table with Report Work ?? [message #445684 is a reply to message #445669] Wed, 03 March 2010 06:26 Go to previous message
Martin Eysackers
Hasan,

during the wizard that creates such pages you picked the PK and a way of filling it :
1)existing trigger
no code will be found in your page
2)custom pl/sql function
code you have to provide yourself
3)sequence
under page processing => processes you will find a GetPK function that fills the PK with the chosen sequence

the page is populated with data under page rendering of your detail page (form)
look for Fetch Row from <yourtable> under processes
the PK is filled by the report page (look in the URL of the detail page (form)

Previous Topic: problem in oracle apex installation
Next Topic: How to use Extensible Attributes for Service request API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:14:09 CDT 2024