Home » Infrastructure » Windows » stuck up while installing oracle 10g (windows XP)
stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #475921] Sun, 19 September 2010 11:51 Go to next message
muktha_22
Hi All,

I already have 9i installed at my desktop.

I tried to install oracle 10g version 1. But it got struck with "oracle database configurations assistant" on configuration assistants window.

Then I did the below.

1) I clicked stop, but still didn't get stop.
2) And also the window didn't enable the 'Retro' button

Tell me what should I do.
please show me any link for uninstall it....

Thanks in advance
Re: stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #475924 is a reply to message #475921] Sun, 19 September 2010 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Windows Service Pack?

Quote:
please show me any link for uninstall it....

Just execute OUI, click on Installed Products, Choose the product you want to uninstall and then click on Uninstall.

Regards
Michel
Re: stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #475930 is a reply to message #475924] Sun, 19 September 2010 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muktha_22
Hi Michel,

1) Yes it is server pack windows XP.
2) After the deinstallation, can I restart the installation on the same location?
3) Also I checked to access 9i, but it shows the below errors.

ORA-01031: message 103r not found, No message file for product= RDBMS, facility=ORA

4) Also between the installation a pop up of security alert shows to block/unlock the 'javaw'.

please advice.
Re: stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #475935 is a reply to message #475930] Sun, 19 September 2010 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1) Which one?
2) yes
3) did you correctly deinstall?
4) disactivate your anti-virus software dring install

Regards
Michel
Re: stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #475943 is a reply to message #475935] Sun, 19 September 2010 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muktha_22
Hi Mickel,

Thanks for you are advice.

1) I have successfully installed oracle 10g. But is shows the below message.

'Error starting DBConsole. DBConsole could not be started successfully
You can retro configuring this DB with Enterprise manager later by manually running C:\oracle_10g\bin\Emca script'

But when I tried to run that ms-dos Batch file as below
Sql > @<script>

It shows me error.

2) Also now I'm not able to use oracle 9i. It shows the below error msg.

Conn /as sysdba

ORA-12560: TNS: protocol adapter error.

please advice me
Re: stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #475944 is a reply to message #475943] Sun, 19 September 2010 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muktha_22
Hi Michel,

Now I checked my system again.

OEM of 10g is not installed.

1) Can I reinstall the oracle software 9 and 10g in a new drive? Without deinstallation them.

2) Can I drop all those existing files manually? Before installing to a new location.

3) Or do I need to 'Format my machine' before installing again?

Thanks
Re: stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #475951 is a reply to message #475944] Sun, 19 September 2010 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
1) yes
2) yes
3) yes

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #475954 is a reply to message #475951] Sun, 19 September 2010 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muktha_22
Hi Michel,

1) I'm not able to delete the existing files manually.
2) I overheard that oracle installation spread all around the computer with hidden files, so we can't delete them manually. Is it true?
3) please advice me. Its urgent.

Thanks.
Re: stuck up while installing oracle 10g [message #495537 is a reply to message #475954] Sun, 20 February 2011 15:32 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
What I would do:

Wipe out the mess that you have so that you can start over fresh. Start by stopping all Oracle services. You can do this from:

control panel -> system -> administrative tools -> services

Find the ones that start with the name Oracle and stop them. Then, if you can, use the Oracle Universal installer to uninstall as much as possible. Go to the programs menu through your control panel and try to use that to uninstall anything that is left. Then clean up any pieces that were left behind. If the Oracle services still exist, then delete them. If there are any Oracle directories, then delete them and all of their sub-directories. You will need to be logged in as the operating system administrator and you may need to change the access in order to delete them. If you troubles deleting something, check the error message for why. If it says that it is because it is running, then stop it. If it says that you do not have sufficient privileges, then change the privileges, either through the menus in the control panel, or by right clicking and using the drop down menu. Restart your computer. Check for any leftover pieces and repeat the whole process until there aren't any. You may need to delete any leftover pieces from the registry using regedit.exe. Make sure that you end the process with a restart.

Check the prerequisites for 10g installation in the online 10g installation guide. Make sure that your hardware and software are compatible. Your system may not be sufficient for 10g Enterprise Edition. You may have to use 10g Express Edition, which can run on less disk space, less memory, and slower processor. Once you have identified what your system can run, then download the correct one and unzip it. Make sure you are logged in as the operating system administrator, then install it carefully, checking all warnings and error messages along the way, noting the location of the installation log, and recording any passwords.

It is common for Windows to have trouble starting an Oracle database. This usually happens due to attempting to start the listener and the Oracle service at the same time, especially if the system is limited and is also starting other programs. You may have to settle for starting the services manually or set it to start the listener automatically, then start the Oracle service manually. You may be able to set the number of retries and wait time between attempted starts.

Although it is possible to have two versions of Oracle on Windows XP, you will probably not be able to run both at once and they need to be in separate homes and getting them to use the right listener is another problem. If you can settle for one version it is better. 9i is no longer supported. I used to run 9i and 10g Express Edition on Windows XP and had to start them manually and shut down one to run the other. I found that my Windows XP system was insufficient to run Windows 10g Enterprise Edition.

One more issue is that your Windows should be the Professional edition, not the Home edition. Prior to 11g, there are workarounds, such as installing a loopback adapter, to be able to install and use most of the features, but after 11g, I found that you need to have Professional or Ultimate to even have a successful installation.

Previous Topic: ORA 12154 from other machine
Next Topic: PL/SQL: ORA-02185: a token other than WORK follows COMMIT ORA-06550:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:46:20 CDT 2024