Home » Other » General » information about oracle
information about oracle [message #477822] Mon, 04 October 2010 11:30 Go to next message
joepvm
Hi,

I'm a dutch student International bussines and management and for my school: Avans Breda, we have to make an organisational scan about Oracle Benelux. We have some interviews with managers of oracle planned.
But does somebody maybe know were I can find a good site/project/document which contains good quality information about what kind of management Oracle has?
This as a sort of extra information sourch, it would be very handy.

thanks a lot, Joep
Re: information about oracle [message #477826 is a reply to message #477822] Mon, 04 October 2010 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
about what kind of management Oracle has?

What does this mean? Explain.

Regards
Michel
Re: information about oracle [message #477835 is a reply to message #477826] Mon, 04 October 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joepvm
Michel Cadot wrote on Mon, 04 October 2010 18:59
Quote:
about what kind of management Oracle has?

What does this mean? Explain.

For the project on school our project group has to make an organisation scan ( so a sort of overwiew in wich departments the company is devided, but also the kind of management what the company has, de goals/strategy's and that kind of information).

So my question is if somebody knows maybe a site or document wich we can use to find that information ( we ofcourse have already some information; interviews with some managers, and the site of oracle) but maybe somebody knows another source of information about oracle ..

I hope it is clear now Smile

Re: information about oracle [message #477837 is a reply to message #477835] Mon, 04 October 2010 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Did you search on http://www.oracle.com ?

Quote:
but maybe somebody knows another source of information

What kind of information can we have about Oracle organisation that is not from Oracle itself?

Regards
Michel
Re: information about oracle [message #477843 is a reply to message #477837] Mon, 04 October 2010 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joepvm
My question isn't that hard just:
DOES SOMEBODY KNOW A DOCUMENT IN WICH I CAN FIND USEFULL INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT KIND OF MANAGEMENT ORACLE HAS??????

so YES information about oracle ,, and no not from the oracle site itself,,, maybe somebody knows another document.. maybe from another person who looked at the management of oracle...

is my question really that hard to understand?
Re: information about oracle [message #477847 is a reply to message #477843] Mon, 04 October 2010 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
For YOU the question may be obvious, for us, technical persons, "Oracle management" first refers to how Oracle which a RDBMS (relational database management system), manages data.

DON'T POST IN UPPER CASE THIS IS THE BEST TO NOT HAVE ANSWER.
And you don't need to multiply the punctuation characters. You should better multiply the explaination.
Is this so hard to understand?

Regards
Michel

[Edit: Removed the upper case in last 2 sentences.]

[Updated on: Tue, 05 October 2010 01:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: information about oracle [message #477862 is a reply to message #477847] Tue, 05 October 2010 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Michel Cadot wrote on Mon, 04 October 2010 22:50
For YOU the question may be obvious, for us, technical persons, "Oracle management" first refers to how Oracle which a RDBMS (relational database management system), manages data.

DON'T POST IN UPPER CASE THIS IS THE BEST TO NOT HAVE ANSWER.
AND YOU DON'T NEED TO MULTIPLY THE PUNCTUATION CHARACTERS? YOU BETTER MULTIPLY THE EXPLAINATION.
IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Regards
Michel

Please do not post in uppercase, Michel.
Re: information about oracle [message #477864 is a reply to message #477843] Tue, 05 October 2010 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
joepvm wrote on Mon, 04 October 2010 22:15
My question isn't that hard just:
DOES SOMEBODY KNOW A DOCUMENT IN WICH I CAN FIND USEFULL INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT KIND OF MANAGEMENT ORACLE HAS??????

so YES information about oracle ,, and no not from the oracle site itself,,, maybe somebody knows another document.. maybe from another person who looked at the management of oracle...

is my question really that hard to understand?

The problem is that what you are asking is somewhat disclosed information that you'd typically only would get from people working for Oracle (Benelux), or it is provided by Oracle itself.
The only sources I could think of to get this info is oracle.nl or (as you indicated) interviewing Oracle employees.
Re: information about oracle [message #477872 is a reply to message #477864] Tue, 05 October 2010 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know the answer, but I *guess* that there's at least one "manager" for every product you can find on the Products and Services page at OTN site (and probably some more).

In a two weeks, there'll be 15th annual HrOUG conference. This is what we received in a mail: one of the guests is Jean-Claude Michaca, EMEA Fusion Middleware Vice President (so "Fusion Middleware" manager is one of them). Furthermore, Marco Ragogna will talk about Oracle Data Integration. Then, there's Graeme Mair, Oracle Global Customer Support Vice President. Sebastiaan Vingerhoed from EMEA System and Application Management.

I don't know what areas Oracle Benelux covers, but they probably manage subset of what I mentioned.

However, I might be very wrong - these were just my thoughts.
Re: information about oracle [message #477878 is a reply to message #477872] Tue, 05 October 2010 01:09 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
These kinds of big entreprise are managed in the permanent reorganization mode, so any information is or may be wrong as soon as it is read.
Even internally there is no document about what the current organization is, only what would/could be the next one. When a document about the current is produced, the document for the next one is already there.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Creating PFILE from SPFILE.
Next Topic: Oracle 11g and Enterprise DB Postgres
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:09:24 CDT 2024