Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Detecting full DOMAINNAME\USERNAME for connected user (oracle 10g, 11, ... Windows)
Detecting full DOMAINNAME\USERNAME for connected user [message #479958] Wed, 20 October 2010 08:34 Go to next message
elutsky
Hi,

If I'm looking on v$session - values in osuser column for some machines displayed with DOMAINNAME, and for other - without.
Even same user (MYDOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR) from 2 different machines displayed in 2 different ways:

MYDOMAIN\Administrator from machine A, and
administrator from machine B.

Both machines are belongs to same windows domain.

What make the difference?
And can I somehow to affect this behaviour? I mean, can I define that all users will be displayed as DOMAINNAME\USERNAME or MACHINENAME\USERNAME(in case of no domain exists)?

Thank you in advance!

[Updated on: Wed, 20 October 2010 08:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Detecting full DOMAINNAME\USERNAME for connected user [message #479960 is a reply to message #479958] Wed, 20 October 2010 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Set the following registry variable:
HKLM\Software\Oracle\<your home>\OSAUTH_PREFIX_DOMAIN
to TRUE or FALSE depending if you want or not the domain name.

Regards
Michel
Re: Detecting full DOMAINNAME\USERNAME for connected user [message #480193 is a reply to message #479960] Thu, 21 October 2010 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elutsky
Hi,

Thanks for quick answer!

I tried to add this value as you said in registry of the client machine, but unfortunately it did not help - even after restart the machine.

But I'll try to read once more a little more about this option.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!
Re: Detecting full DOMAINNAME\USERNAME for connected user [message #480196 is a reply to message #480193] Thu, 21 October 2010 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
but unfortunately it did not help

What does this mean?
Post what you see.
Are you sure you modified the correct value (I mean in the correct home)?

Regards
Michel
Re: Detecting full DOMAINNAME\USERNAME for connected user [message #480224 is a reply to message #480196] Thu, 21 October 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elutsky
Michel,

Thank you once more about your help.

Unfortunately, I'll be able to re-test it only on Sunday.

I think I did changed the right place ( I changed it on client machine, not same with db running on it), and as a result I saw same entrances into the v$session.

Just to describe my situation better, I mean something like this:

CODE
   OSUser                            Machine             Terminal           Program
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. MyDomain\Administrator         MyDomain\MyPC          MyPC               devenv.exe
2. Administrator                  MyPC                   UNKNOWN           SQL Developer
3. Administrator                  MyDomain\MyPC2         MyPC2             MyApplication.exe
4. MyDomain\MyUser1               MyDomain\MyPC3         MyPC3             sqldeveloper.exe

So, my question is: When I logged in on the computers MyPC, MyPC2 and MyPC3 with domain user, lets say MyDomain\Administrator, I see in v$session described entries.

1. Why, even for same machine and same logged in user (rows 1. and 2. ) I saw different entries in the OSUser name field and Machine field?
2. Why "terminal' can be "unknown"?
3. Why for same program (rows 2. and 4.) I see different representations in the view?

just try to understand why for same domain user logged in on as domain user on the same machine, oracle can display DomainName\UserName in one case, and just user name in another?

Once more thank you!
Re: Detecting full DOMAINNAME\USERNAME for connected user [message #480262 is a reply to message #480224] Fri, 22 October 2010 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1. Different drivers, SQL Developer uses JDBC Thin driver (default connection type), in this case no domain when your application uses OCI which set the domain accordingly to the parameter I gave.
2. Thin driver does not set this value.
3. It depends on what type of connection you choose in the connection box.

Regards
Michel
Re: Detecting full DOMAINNAME\USERNAME for connected user [message #480427 is a reply to message #480262] Sun, 24 October 2010 01:58 Go to previous message
elutsky
Quote:

1. Different drivers, SQL Developer uses JDBC Thin driver (default connection type), in this case no domain when your application uses OCI which set the domain accordingly to the parameter I gave.
2. Thin driver does not set this value.
3. It depends on what type of connection you choose in the connection box.

Hi Michel,
Thank you very much for your help, I am really appreciate this.

I'll make little more research / tests in nearest several days with this issue.
Previous Topic: "Oracle not available" after reboot
Next Topic: 11.2 Installation problem on Windows 7 (splitted from 10g vs 11g)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:55:45 CDT 2024