Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » rac daemons and clusterware services (11.2.0.2,linux rhel5)
rac daemons and clusterware services [message #508734] Tue, 24 May 2011 05:51 Go to next message
knight
i was checking the clusterware processes after 11.2.0.2 2 node RAC installation

ps -ef |grep d.bin

-ologgerd,scriptagent.bin are running on only one node

i found that

Quote:
Cluster Logger Service
There is one cluster logger service (ologgerd) on only one node in a cluster and
another node is chosen by the cluster logger service to house the standby for the
master cluster logger service. If the master cluster logger service fails (because the
service is not able come up after a fixed number of retries or the node where the
master was running is down), the node where the standby resides takes over as master
and selects a new node for standby.

scriptagent.bin is also running on one node only
does this run only on one of the nodes?what is its function?

also i can see orarootagent.bin and oraagent.bin are started twice on each node.
Re: rac daemons and clusterware services [message #508804 is a reply to message #508734] Tue, 24 May 2011 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>what is its function?
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/rac.112/e16794/crschp.htm#CWADD91279

The applications/processes that are registered to CRS are managed as "resources" by "agents".

>>does this run only on one of the nodes?
Metalink Note 1105489.1:

Quote:
A scriptagent.bin will be started for each OS user who owns the user application resource.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: rac daemons and clusterware services [message #508860 is a reply to message #508804] Tue, 24 May 2011 11:20 Go to previous message
knight
thanks mahesh,

Quote:
A scriptagent.bin will be started for each OS user who owns the user application resource.

but will it be started only on the current master node?
i can see it running only on one node.

are multiple processes orarootagent.bin and oraagent.bin becasue of Quote:
started for each OS user who owns the user application resource
Previous Topic: ASM and 11G R2 and Voting Disks
Next Topic: RAC Shutdwon (merged 6)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:35:51 CDT 2024