Home » Other » General » my Oracle Support
my Oracle Support [message #525857] Thu, 06 October 2011 06:01 Go to next message
hanner
hi guys,

i wanted to access its knowledges base. But even before i can access it, is it asking me to key in the 8 digital identifier. I have no ideal what is it. I use to be able to log in and see its documentation and other stuffs. Of course not able to access patches as that comes with licensing.

Please further advice.
Re: my Oracle Support [message #525858 is a reply to message #525857] Thu, 06 October 2011 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Read this.

Excerpt

you must register your Oracle Customer Support Identifiers (Support IDs) or Sun Contract Number. Your Support ID is included in the welcome letter sent from Oracle to the technical contact listed in your company's contract. This is a number similar to 3434354 that defines for Oracle the products you have licensed for support. After you have registered your Support IDs, you must be approved by the Customer User Administrator (CUA) for your organization.

[EDIT] In other words, with the limited license you accepted while downloading Oracle software, you don't get the ID. Without the ID, you don't have access to My Oracle Support.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2011 06:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: my Oracle Support [message #525892 is a reply to message #525858] Thu, 06 October 2011 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hanner
LittleFoot,

in another word, as a normal user who doesn't buy any license, totally cannot access my oracle support? Its being awhile i was able to log in just to look at their documentation/ knowledge base. This is bad. Sad.
Re: my Oracle Support [message #525894 is a reply to message #525892] Thu, 06 October 2011 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I agree with you.

Regards
Michel
Re: my Oracle Support [message #525902 is a reply to message #525894] Thu, 06 October 2011 12:26 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, Oracle documentation, that is available for free at http://tahiti.oracle.com, is really well written. It, along with Internet as a really broad source of knowledge (true, not everything one finds there is true, but ...) as well as Google returning forums' discussions, very often are quite enough for anyone to solve his/her problem.

On the other hand, certain information is available on My Oracle Support (MOS) only and, knowing its contents is protected by copyright, you can't get these information if you don't pay for MOS access. Is it fair? I wouldn't know, ask someone else.
Previous Topic: Oracle license Processor Base or User Base
Next Topic: How to find
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:54:25 CDT 2024