Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Enquiry on Oracle Fail Safe installation
Enquiry on Oracle Fail Safe installation [message #527320] Mon, 17 October 2011 09:08
adchai
Hi Oracle experts,

I am not familiar with Oracle Fail Safe and kindly seek your advice on my following situation:

Currently, we have 2 Oracle servers (active and passive) which are sharing a SAN storage without using any clusterware control. All the while, it is controlled by human being to shut down first node, then only startup the second node. All Oracle datafiles are stored in the shared storage.

We want to implement Microsoft Windows 2008 clusterware for these 2 servers (active and passive). As we understand, we need to perform the step sequences:
1) First, install Microsoft Windows Clusterware at both nodes (local disk)
2) Install Oracle binary (local disk) and Oracle DB (shared storage)
3) Install Oracle Fail Safe at both nodes (local disk)

Our doubt is, our existing 2 Oracle servers do not install MS Clusterware yet but already installed Oracle binary (local disk) and its Oracle database is in shared storage. This is not follow the above recommended install sequence where MS Clusterware must be installed first before Oracle binary and DB.

If we keep the existing Oracle binary and DB, then install MS Clusterware and then Oracle Fail Safe, can the MS Clusterware and Oracle Fail Safe detects the Oracle DB? Is this solution works?

I am really appreciate your advice. Thank you very much!

Chai
Previous Topic: Should you use the SCAN or not
Next Topic: ocfs rpm mismatch my linux kernel issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:24:27 CDT 2024