Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » How to Increase Oracle SQL*Net Performance (Windows 2008 Server, Oracle 10,2,0.3, MOD_PLSQL,)
How to Increase Oracle SQL*Net Performance [message #532947] Fri, 25 November 2011 09:53 Go to next message
BBMamun
Hi

One of my MOD_PLSQL based Oracle APEX Application is running on the web. I have almost 1000 web users to access the Application where at least 250-300 users are always on line. In Oracle EM web interface When run ADDM I see suggestions "Investigate the cause of SQL*Net more data to client" or something like this. and I am getting complains about poor server response. Here are my configuration of the system:

Database Server Host: DBServer (Oracle Database 10.2.0.3)
HTTP Server Host: OraHTTP (Oracle Companion CD 10g)

DADS.conf HTTP Server configuration
MOD_PLSQL database access for web clients.

How can I increase database connection performance? Please post your helps.

Regards

Hasan Al Mamun
Programmer
Bangladesh Bank
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Re: How to Increase Oracle SQL*Net Performance [message #532958 is a reply to message #532947] Fri, 25 November 2011 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
or something like this

There are several events of about the same name. Each one requires a different approach, so be accurate.

Quote:
How can I increase database connection performance?

First investigate if there is any network problem.
What is your ftp rate?

Regards
Michel
Re: How to Increase Oracle SQL*Net Performance [message #533001 is a reply to message #532958] Sat, 26 November 2011 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBMamun
I don't know what can be the actual question which can pin point my requirements so that an expert can answer what I really want, that's why I have mentioned my application's setup and my client. It is an OLTP system. Almost 1000 web client enter data it the system,no ftp operation is there all are HTTP based data entry even no file up/down load is there. Huge network traffic is there, both in and out ward. And I think if I can meet ADDM suggestions I can solve the problem. But don't know how to. Please suggest.

Hasan Al Mamun
Re: How to Increase Oracle SQL*Net Performance [message #533003 is a reply to message #533001] Sat, 26 November 2011 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hasan, you need to be more precise. Saying "....or something like this" isn't good enough. It is probably best if you post the ADDM report that you are looking at, also an AWR report for the same period.
And as for FTP, the idea is that you should see how well your network is performing. What transfer speeds do you get between the database server machine and the HTTP server machine?

Rgds, John.
Re: How to Increase Oracle SQL*Net Performance [message #533050 is a reply to message #533003] Sun, 27 November 2011 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBMamun
Hi, here is the full ADDM Suggestion:

Investigate the cause for high "SQL*Net more data to client" waits. Refer to Oracle's "Database Reference" for the description of this wait event. Use given SQL for further investigation.

Hasan AL Mamun
Re: How to Increase Oracle SQL*Net Performance [message #533051 is a reply to message #533050] Sun, 27 November 2011 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://blog.tanelpoder.com/2008/02/10/sqlnet-message-to-client-vs-sqlnet-more-data-to-client/
Re: How to Increase Oracle SQL*Net Performance [message #533839 is a reply to message #532947] Thu, 01 December 2011 08:35 Go to previous message
BBMamun
Hi, I have kind of managed (cannot say solved) the situation with multiple actions is Oracle Database and Since the application is developed in Oracle Apex, I had to do something in Apex and HTTP Server as well.

1. In Oracle sqlnet.ora, listener.ora file I have configured SDU (Session Data Unit), Send/receive buffer and restarted the listener. http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B14117_01/network.101/b10775/performance.htm

2. Moved All images, CSS and .js files to HTTP Server and referenced them with ...#IMAGE_PREFIX#/file_location/cssfile.css.. at Apex page header.

3. In my main DML Pages Replaced List item and LOV with text fields and using item level computation and ajax for corresponding actions.

Now performance is better.and ADDM is not giving the above suggestion.

Regards

Hasan Al Mamun

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2011 08:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: connecting Oracle to SQL server
Next Topic: Listner start failed after configuring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:09:19 CDT 2024