Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Grid Infrastructure and RAC in Virtualbox (GI 11.2.0.3, VB 4.1.12, Linux 5.7)
Grid Infrastructure and RAC in Virtualbox [message #552120] Mon, 23 April 2012 10:12 Go to next message
John Watson
I'm trying to set up a cluster, using virtualboxes. 64bit Linux host, 32bit Linux guests.

I have managed to get the Grid Infrastructure installed with full GPnP functionality: one VM to act as the DHCP and DNS server, two VMs as the RAC nodes. All cool except that the RAC nodes fail unpredictably but always within 5 to 10 minutes of start up, with a Guru Mediation error:

Guru Meditation 1103 (VINF_EM_DBG_HYPER_ASSERTION)

Has anyone else tried to do this? I used to do it with 11.1 no problem, 11.2 is not working. I've posted a question on the Virtualbox forum, but I'm wondering if it is RAC specific. GI does place demands on the virtual storage and networking that may be unusual.

Any insight will be gratefully received.
John.

Re: Grid Infrastructure and RAC in Virtualbox [message #570837 is a reply to message #552120] Fri, 16 November 2012 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahudspith
Wow.. it's been 20 years since I saw a Guru Meditation error.

Looks like someone on the VirtualBox project has a bit of a thing going on the old Commodore Amiga.

Anyway... regarding your error. No idea. A stab in the dark guess would be that you have ran out of process threads. But thats a total guess.

What does it say in the alert.log ... crash dumps ... and linux system log?
Re: Grid Infrastructure and RAC in Virtualbox [message #570844 is a reply to message #570837] Fri, 16 November 2012 06:46 Go to previous message
John Watson
I did get eventualy gt an answer from the VB forums, increase a heap size from default. Raising it to 3M works for me,

vboxmanage setextradata iron1 "VBoxInternal/MM/cbHyperHeap" "3145728"

I should have updated the topic, I would have done if there hd been any interest.
Previous Topic: Which Version Of Oracle Server is available/supported for Mac OS 10.8.2
Next Topic: Migration of DB2(Mainframe) Data to Oracle Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:45:13 CDT 2024