Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » How to refer the tabular form field (apex 4.1)
How to refer the tabular form field [message #556395] Mon, 04 June 2012 02:11 Go to next message
gurujothi

Hello everyone,
I have a tabular form based on the LEAVE table,It has the following fields,
Leave_id
Employee_name
No_of_days
Status

Here Status is the updatable LOV column.
Lov includes 2 values i.e APPROVE and REJECT

and I have another Table called LEAVE_HISTORY ,It has the following fields,
Emp_name
status

Here whenever the ststus is updated in Tabular form should also be updated in LEAVE_HISTORY table status column.

I tried the following in "ON-SUBMIT AFTER COMPUTATIONS AND VALIDATIONS" process,
begin
update LEAVE_HISTORY set status= status where upper(employee_name)=upper(emp_name);
end;

but its not updating,
When we updating through forms we can use something like this,
update LEAVE_HISTORY set status= :P200_status where upper(employee_name)=upper(:P_200_emp_name);  <----here we are referring page item i.e (:P_200_emp_name)

like the above code,how to refer the tabular form columns?
Thank you.
Re: How to refer the tabular form field [message #556408 is a reply to message #556395] Mon, 04 June 2012 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
/forum/fa/1580/0/ We (you & me) discussed it less than a month ago; did you already forget it?!?
Re: How to refer the tabular form field [message #556409 is a reply to message #556408] Mon, 04 June 2012 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gurujothi

Hi Littlefoot,
we discussed it,updating through tabular forms but its selecting the values,That I know how to do it Smile ,
but this one is through TABULAR FORM,when the status is selected and SUBMIT button is clicked then it should update another table also, not only this table (i.e TABULAU FORM TABLE) Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 04 June 2012 03:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to refer the tabular form field [message #556410 is a reply to message #556409] Mon, 04 June 2012 03:37 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Have a closer look at my avatar and stop doing that.
Previous Topic: IR Report Group by issue
Next Topic: How to create wallet in APEX 4.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:52:20 CDT 2024