Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » can i just install CRS only If my OS is crash (windows server 2008 service pack 2 64bit)
can i just install CRS only If my OS is crash [message #562663] Fri, 03 August 2012 04:34 Go to next message
x-oracle
Hello,

we have RAC database on two node here on windows server 2008 unfortunately today morning my one my one node os crash its on windows server 2008 my other node its working ok so my database is accessible so i just want to ask if i install again this os on node -1 system so i just want to install only again crs only.because my database is accessible through my other node-2

please help me out because i am new in rac so
Re: can i just install CRS only If my OS is crash [message #562665 is a reply to message #562663] Fri, 03 August 2012 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I don't see why you would need to install anything. Just boot up the node. And fix the OS so that it doesn't "crash" (whatever that means) again.
Re: can i just install CRS only If my OS is crash [message #562667 is a reply to message #562665] Fri, 03 August 2012 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
x-oracle
actually when i try to upload some drives in this system this drivers are not installed successfully so i my system automatically crash and blue screen appear i cannot open this my os so i have to installed my os again may be so i just want to know if i again install os on this my node 1 server so i just only install crs only on node 1 server
Re: can i just install CRS only If my OS is crash [message #562670 is a reply to message #562667] Fri, 03 August 2012 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
It is a lot more complicated than that. You have to remove all references to the failed machine from the cluster, and then add the rebuilt machine to the cluster. This is not easy, and there is a real danger that you will break your one surviving node in the process.
I am sorry to say this, but you will probably not be able to do this yourself if you are, as you say, "new in rac". Better call in a consultant. And make sure s/he is a good one, preferably OCM, at least OCP with the RAC specialization.
Re: can i just install CRS only If my OS is crash [message #562674 is a reply to message #562670] Fri, 03 August 2012 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
x-oracle
i just again only new install os on my node 1 server after that i only install crs on this node 1 server so its possible to install
Re: can i just install CRS only If my OS is crash [message #562675 is a reply to message #562674] Fri, 03 August 2012 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
No, it isn't possible. Furthermore, if you try to do it, I think you will destroy your cluster. Totally. There are many shared objects in a cluster, you cannot work on one node without considering the other.
Re: can i just install CRS only If my OS is crash [message #563768 is a reply to message #562675] Thu, 16 August 2012 22:53 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
As JW said, you should invoke to real DBA rather than do it yourself.
Before the call finish to DBA, you should backup your Database by RMAN.

There are some solutions arround your crash node machine, however, you need to do backup database right now.
Previous Topic: QoS Quality of Service, and ora.oc4j
Next Topic: oracle rac raw device as shared storage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:55:00 CDT 2024