Home » Other » Client Tools » Submit Request via SQL Developer
Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567520] Wed, 03 October 2012 02:01 Go to next message
skimmer333
Hi all,

I'm using the below code in SQL Developer, trying to submit a request:

Declare
   vRequest_id NUMBER;
BEGIN
  Fnd_Global.apps_initialize(9205,20639,200); 
  vrequest_id := FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST('SQLAP'
                                            ,'APXGDGDL'
                                            ,'Both'
                                            ,'03-OCT-2012');
COMMIT;
END;

However, when i check the fnd_concurent_request table, nothing is there.

I'm a bit confused, as I just used the following code in SQL Developer and it worked:
Declare
   L_NUMBER number;
BEGIN
   L_NUMBER :=  WF_ROLE_HIERARCHY.AddRelationship('UMX|XXR|GLFSA_RADG_BA','FND_RESP|SQLAP|XXR_GL_JNL_ADMIN|STANDARD');
END;

Is it due to the different types of packages im using? i.e. public/private? or is there an api i can use in SQL Developer to submit the request?

Cheers,
RH.
Re: Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567522 is a reply to message #567520] Wed, 03 October 2012 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You need to check what fnd_request.submit_request returns. Did you get a request id number, or a zero?
And, by the way, the fourth parameter must be a date. You are giving it a string.
Re: Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567636 is a reply to message #567522] Wed, 03 October 2012 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skimmer333
Hi,
I've changed the code to that of below. However i am still not seeing a return number. I've opened the log window, but nothing is there.
Does the code need to be in a package? The code above (WF_ROLE_HIERARCHY) wasn't in a package, and ran successfully.
Cheers.

Declare
   vRequest_id NUMBER;
BEGIN
  Fnd_Global.apps_initialize(9250,20639,200); 
  vrequest_id := FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST('SQLAP'
                                            ,'APXGDGDL'
                                            ,'Distribution Set Listing'
                                            ,NULL
                                            ,FALSE
                                            ,'Both'
                                            ,'03-OCT-2012');
if vrequest_id> 0 then
dbms_output.put_line('Request submitted successfully');
else
dbms_output.put_line('Request submission failure');
end if;
end;
/

Re: Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567637 is a reply to message #567636] Wed, 03 October 2012 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
> I've opened the log window, but nothing is there.
Default behavior is that other session can NOT see changes from DML until after COMMIT is issued.
So, the question is "Who, what when & where does COMMIT get issued?".
Re: Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567638 is a reply to message #567637] Wed, 03 October 2012 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skimmer333
Silly me forgot to add in the commit line...
So i added in the commit; line above the if statement.
I can see in the Script Output window: anonymous block completed
And all i see in the Log window(after i select the commit button): dev-apps~1*: Thu Oct 04 10:09:53 CST 2012: Commit successful
Re: Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567652 is a reply to message #567638] Thu, 04 October 2012 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Are you sayng that you do not see the output of your dbms_output statements? Are you running it in SQL*Plus, with serveroutput on? If not, why not?
And you are not casting your dates properly. I've already told you that.
Re: Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567653 is a reply to message #567652] Thu, 04 October 2012 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skimmer333
No, i stated i am using SQL Developer. We don't have SQL Plus.
The date i am entering is the parameter as entered when submitting the report via forms.
Re: Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567656 is a reply to message #567653] Thu, 04 October 2012 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You do have SQL*Plus. As you are using EBS, you have several copies of SQL*Plus.
And you must format your dates. Passing a string literal to a date variable is wrong. Forms is nothing to do with it.
As you can't do as I suggest, I don't think I can assist further. Perhaps someone else can help.
Re: Submit Request via SQL Developer [message #567658 is a reply to message #567656] Thu, 04 October 2012 01:35 Go to previous message
skimmer333
No, I don't have SQL*Plus. It is not available on this machine, nor do i have access to the servers to run it off the database server.
SQL Developer does not require a client to be installed.

I've change the script to submit a report that doesn't use a date parameter. I get the same result.
Also, the 3rd,4th and 5th parameters are optional.
Previous Topic: IO Error : The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
Next Topic: Not able to run SQL *Plus.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:24:25 CDT 2024