Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » SRW change space between page and frames
SRW change space between page and frames [message #576768] Thu, 07 February 2013 15:39 Go to next message
alopez
HI,

can anyone please help me with an SRW example that changes vertical spacing between page and frames?

i read some documentation that says there is a "between page and frames" property. has anyone used it?

thanks,

Alejandro.
Re: SRW change space between page and frames [message #576769 is a reply to message #576768] Thu, 07 February 2013 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What software product & version do you exactly talk about?

[Updated on: Thu, 07 February 2013 15:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SRW change space between page and frames [message #576770 is a reply to message #576769] Thu, 07 February 2013 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alopez
reports 6i
Re: SRW change space between page and frames [message #576771 is a reply to message #576770] Thu, 07 February 2013 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know whether you can set that using the SRW built-in package (I think not). Though, here is the Reports 6i Reference so - have a look by yourself.

On the other hand, setting a vertical distance during design time is possible. (Speaking about Reports 10g, but I believe that 6i has it as well): when you open a repeating frame's Property Palette window, you should see "Vertical space between frames" property under the "Repeating frame" properties group. Do you? If so, set it to some value larger than 0 in order to increase space between frames.

As of pages: well, page is a page; a piece of paper - space between them doesn't make much sense to me.
Re: SRW change space between page and frames [message #576772 is a reply to message #576771] Thu, 07 February 2013 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alopez
Thnak you LittleFoot,

this reference that you link me to is where i saw the space between page and frame property mentioned.

i have used the distance between frames property in repeating sections. its very handy. Not what i am looking for though.

as for the sense in space between page and frames, well the reference file says its the distance between the top of the page and the top of a frame. What i want to do is move an element, relative to the top of the page.

perhaps i missunderstood the reference manual, as i havent mastered the terminology(sections, margin, frames, groups, etc).
what i want is to move the position of the body within the main section.

thanks,

Alejandro.
Re: SRW change space between page and frames [message #576789 is a reply to message #576772] Fri, 08 February 2013 00:11 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Then I'd suggest you to do the following:
  • go to Paper Layout Editor
  • click "Edit margin" button in the toolbar
  • resize the margin according to the ruler values

/forum/fa/10643/0/
Previous Topic: Unable to read data in image format.
Next Topic: rep 1800 formatter error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:21:44 CDT 2024