Home » Other » Training & Certification » I am new in Oracle DBA field.
I am new in Oracle DBA field. [message #579006] Thu, 07 March 2013 00:37 Go to next message
Indra Parmar
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to this forum.
I am a student of computer science.
I wann to Start my Career as oracle DBA. But i heard that to start as oracle DBA is not that much easy.
I am Doing my specialization in oracle DBA.

I wann to ask to "Expert" that how should i start.???
What i need to refer that can take me to right path of DBA side..???

Thanks.
Re: I am new in Oracle DBA field. [message #579007 is a reply to message #579006] Thu, 07 March 2013 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can start with Oracle documentation:
Database 2 Day DBA
Database Concepts
Database SQL Reference

You can also watch the following videos:
Oracle DBA Lite

Regards
Michel
Re: I am new in Oracle DBA field. [message #579008 is a reply to message #579006] Thu, 07 March 2013 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashantgupta7419
Hi

If want the Job, first you have to done certification regarding the DBA . Yes you are right about the DBA Job, because an organization doesn't give a DBA work directly to a fresher, so thats why they hire you for some Data entry work or other Import/Export Work , so that why the package of the junior DBA is very Low . Because database is the heart of the organisation and cann't easily give permissions to handle that.
so first you have decide that you can work on that low package ,because at starting the package is not matters in today environment.

For getting good command on DBA
1. Start studying on Linux : It is mandatory because many Organisation use Linux for Oracle
2. What ever you read start the practice of that thing. Because in IT field you have to practice all the things
3.Do not afraid with the Errors.
As some one said Practice makes MAN perfect.

So start studying,searching and do practice.
Re: I am new in Oracle DBA field. [message #579894 is a reply to message #579006] Sat, 16 March 2013 21:21 Go to previous message
sampathd
Visit ITShorts.com and click Database Tutorials in there.

There are about 50 videos in there.

Thanks

Sam...
Previous Topic: Study Guide for 1Z0-117: SQL Tuning Expert -- Looking for a Reviewer
Next Topic: Oracle DBA Labs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:33:31 CDT 2024