Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Urgent – Oracle Designer - Design Editor message while try to capture server model from database
Urgent – Oracle Designer - Design Editor message while try to capture server model from database [message #52794] Wed, 14 August 2002 05:39 Go to next message
Swamy
I am getting a message of Design Editor while I am trying to capture server model from the database. I am giving target database username, password, connect string and owner of the target schema. The schema owner and the username are same. The message says, “The target database user to capture implementations into is not valid.” I tried for another two databases, the schemas that I owned and I am getting the same message. The message comes, whenever I am trying to open the “Objects” tab on the “Capture Server Model from Database” and the Objects tab is not opening. Please help me.
Re: Urgent – Oracle Designer - Design Editor message while try to capture server model from database [message #52795 is a reply to message #52794] Wed, 14 August 2002 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swamy
Forgive me for my hastiness. I have forgotten to give database username in the Capture Implementation Info. Now it is working. This can be closed. Sorry and Thanks.
Re: Urgent – Oracle Designer - Design Editor message while try to capture server model from database [message #52921 is a reply to message #52794] Tue, 20 August 2002 14:56 Go to previous message
Radek
Hi,
you have to create user in designer first. Go to DB Admin tab in design editor navigator, expand Oracle Databases, create one, create user there.
Then select this user as a target for capture. If any problems let me know. Right now shooting from top of my head.
Radek
Previous Topic: Urgent – Oracle Designer - Design Editor message while try to capture server model from database
Next Topic: NEW Oracle ERD tool, free trial version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:23:05 CDT 2024