Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Apply standby redo log to physical stby db. (Oracle rdbms - 11.2.0.1 OS - HP UX 11.31)
Apply standby redo log to physical stby db. [message #585461] Sun, 26 May 2013 00:36 Go to next message
karkerabhaskar
Hi all,

Facing a problem in the following scenario.

I have dataguard configuration operating in maximum availability mode with a local standby db (A - lgwr sync not using real time apply) and a remote standby db (B - lgwr async). I then simualted a crash of my primary database with batch jobs running. Since the stby db A is in lgwr sync option ,all the commited data in the current online redo log has been transmitted to stby A and is present in its stby redo log (Group 2).How do I apply this stby redo log to the remote stby db.

Tried the following methods.
1.ftp the stby redo log to the remote db and tried to regiter it, got an error that it is not completely archived.
2.issued the recover standby database command and supplied the stby redo log when it asked for the sequence in the stby redo, got an error saying there is corruption in a block(tried this option multiple times ended up with the same result.)

Regars.
Re: Apply standby redo log to physical stby db. [message #585472 is a reply to message #585461] Sun, 26 May 2013 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Start redo apply on B; bring up A as primary; start propagating redo to B. B's log gap detection should kick in and automatically request whatever it is missing. Have you configured the broker? It is very good at automating all of this.
--
update: typo

[Updated on: Sun, 26 May 2013 02:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Apply standby redo log to physical stby db. [message #585483 is a reply to message #585472] Sun, 26 May 2013 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karkerabhaskar
Is there no way I can apply the stby redo directly to Db B (remote stby db), I donot want to activate db A(local standby),as it is requesting the same redo data the only difference being the redo data is in a stby redo logfile.
Re: Apply standby redo log to physical stby db. [message #585486 is a reply to message #585483] Sun, 26 May 2013 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I do not see why you would not bring up A as the primary: that would be the only reason for having run it in SYNC mode. However, I think you are saying that you want to bring up B as the primary. Well, try it: you can probably bring it up with zero data loss. Check the SCN to find out. I hope you have database flashback enabled: it makes repeated tests of this sort of thing much easier.
Re: Apply standby redo log to physical stby db. [message #588699 is a reply to message #585486] Thu, 27 June 2013 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kjosh2008
How to check total size of library cache and data dictionary. which parameter.

-regards

kshitij joshi
Re: Apply standby redo log to physical stby db. [message #588700 is a reply to message #588699] Thu, 27 June 2013 08:55 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ How is this related to the current topic?
2/ Why do you need that?

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: LGWR SYNC
Next Topic: Data Guard - Log Sync issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:44:45 CDT 2024