Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » error start database control (oracle 11g)
icon8.gif  error start database control [message #594991] Wed, 04 September 2013 11:56 Go to next message
omniasystem
good evening
I have a problem when I install oracle 11g: I did an installation on a win2008 r2 server and everything works fine, I did another installation on another server in the same network as a test, but at the end of the installation I get an alert that says:
start database error control .....
Executing set oracle_unqname and then emctl start dbcontrol.
of course nothing happens.
dbcontrol_nome the service instance will not start.
checking the file in your home directory I always acts everything is in place.
I reinstalled windwos to eliminate all the checks made​​, repeated installation and here appeared the same problem.
question: can exist 2 oracle installations on the same network with the same name db?
I currently have two installations of the same name with oracle db 10
thanks
Re: error start database control [message #594992 is a reply to message #594991] Wed, 04 September 2013 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>can exist 2 oracle installations on the same network with the same name db?
Yes, neither DB knows or cares about the other DB.

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: error start database control [message #595001 is a reply to message #594992] Wed, 04 September 2013 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omniasystem
thanks
then with quite understand why I prevents this problem on a clean install
Re: error start database control [message #595002 is a reply to message #595001] Wed, 04 September 2013 15:40 Go to previous message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and please read How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

You need to give a bit more information. Things like "of course nothing happens" and "will not start" do not give anyone much to go on. The best way is always to use copy/paste to show exactly what you did in your Windows CMD shell (or SQL*Plus if you got that far) and be sure to enclose what you paste with [code and [/code] tags.

--
John Watson
http://skillbuilders.com
Previous Topic: Managin OEM remotely
Next Topic: DBMS_ SCHEDULER ISSUE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:52:53 CDT 2024