Home » Other » Community Hangout » My "Role model" in Oracle community
My "Role model" in Oracle community [message #594998] Wed, 04 September 2013 13:53 Go to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Folks,

Right from the beginning of our career, we have had been influenced by a lot of people. Since we all are are a strong part of Oracle community, we have had been following the suggestions and advises of experts/gurus like T.kyte, J.lewis, J.garry etc.

In Orafaq forum we have M.Cadot, K.Meade, B.Boehmer, Littlefoot, Blackswan, Cookiemonster, J. Watson, Pablolee, S.Yokobson etc.

And above mentioned names of Orafaq experts are also active senior members of forums like OTN and dba-village etc.

They are known worldwide for their contribution in Oracle community. So, if any of you have come across a person who has had been a great "Role Model" for the Oracle community and has had served for the betterment of others incessantly, then, please name them here and take the privilege/opportunity to thanks them for their efforts. They might be your guru or guide or just as a helper, however, they play an important role in our lives and motivate us like anything.

It is not to bring them into the limelight, but, just to say them a big THANKS.
Re: My "Role model" in Oracle community [message #595049 is a reply to message #594998] Thu, 05 September 2013 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
I named few people in above post. It is naturally not possible to remember and post everybody's name, however, eventually as I/we, as and when we remember the contributions made by people globally, we could include their names in this thread.

One more person whom i found quite contributive with his own blogs, ED STEVENS. He has had been posting a lot of important stuff to clarify some basic concepts which are misunderstood by a lot of people. Appreciate his efforts. Thanks man.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 September 2013 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My "Role model" in Oracle community [message #595050 is a reply to message #595049] Thu, 05 September 2013 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
How could I forget TIM HALL. He is not only an Oracle ACE and oak member, but also a great human character in himself.

I once had a small comversation with him in private, and then I realized his greatness as a human being.
Re: My "Role model" in Oracle community [message #595072 is a reply to message #595050] Fri, 06 September 2013 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Also see the list of well known Oracle Personalities at http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Category:Oracle_personalities
Re: My "Role model" in Oracle community [message #595087 is a reply to message #595072] Fri, 06 September 2013 09:04 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
Thanks Frank. A salute to all the masters listed there.
Previous Topic: Need Old history files location
Next Topic: More cats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:49:08 CDT 2024