Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Back to Back VS Drop Ship (Order Management R12)
Back to Back VS Drop Ship [message #595065] Thu, 05 September 2013 22:59 Go to next message
pvaran01
Hi.. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. PLease direct me to appropriate location if this is not the correct place to ask questions.

I am just trying to understand the setup differences between Drop Ship and Back to back orders. Once product is received into warehouse for these 2 scenarios, how does product automatically ships out of W/H in Drop Ship order scenario but not in Back to Back. Which setup makes this difference? Please let me know. Thanks!!
Re: Back to Back VS Drop Ship [message #598260 is a reply to message #595065] Fri, 11 October 2013 17:55 Go to previous message
genohawk2

a. In Drop Ship orders, material is directly shipped to the customer from the supplier. Thus, inventory is not affected. In this case, only logical receiving is done. But in the case of Back-to-Back orders, material is taken from inventory.
b. Drop Ship orders may have many Purchase Orders connected to them. In Back-to-Back orders one PO is tied to one Sales Order.
Previous Topic: You must enter GRE details for this assignment
Next Topic: Problems with OEBS Implementations - are there any?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:35:23 CDT 2024