Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Aligning buttons Horizontally (APEX 3.2.1, oracle 11g, windows 7)
Aligning buttons Horizontally [message #596283] Thu, 19 September 2013 16:11 Go to next message
SeniorInvissible
When I create buttons to open pages, by default it's listing all the buttons horizontally but I want to change this to vertical alignment.

I create the button as button in a region position while the other option is to create a button among this region items but I don't know how to use it to open a page.
Re: Aligning buttons Horizontally [message #596288 is a reply to message #596283] Thu, 19 September 2013 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Arranging items (including buttons) vertically: set their "Begin on new line" (or similar) property to "Yes".

Opening new pages: set its action to one of suggested options, such as "Redirect to page in this application" (of course, you'd specify page number afterwards).
Re: Aligning buttons Horizontally [message #596978 is a reply to message #596283] Sat, 28 September 2013 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeniorInvissible
is this for button in a region position option or the create a button among this region items option?
Re: Aligning buttons Horizontally [message #596988 is a reply to message #596978] Sat, 28 September 2013 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
For "create a button among this region items" certainly; can't tell for "button in a region position" for sure as I don't remember, and I can't access Apex now (my free workspace on Apex site has expired). Did you check it?

I prefer creating buttons "among this region items" because they are much more flexible (for example, if you want to create a "select list" item and a button next to it). So, if you put those buttons "in a region position", maybe you really can't rearrange them vertically and you'll have to switch to "buttons among this region items".
Re: Aligning buttons Horizontally [message #596993 is a reply to message #596988] Sat, 28 September 2013 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeniorInvissible
I created the buttons using the option "button in a region position" but I'm not seeing any option to put it on a new line. However they linked to the pages in the application successfully but were aligning horizontally.

When I create a button using the option "create a button among this region items", I am seeing an option to create it on a new line however I'm not seeing any option to redirect to a page in this application.
Re: Aligning buttons Horizontally [message #596996 is a reply to message #596993] Sun, 29 September 2013 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I'm not seeing any option to redirect to a page in this application.

I'm quite sure that it exists. I don't use Apex 3.2. any more, I'm on 4.1 now. Under button's properties, there's the "Action when button clicked" section. It offers a drop-down action select list - one of possibilities is "Redirect to page in this application". Only when you select it, additional items are displayed (such as page number, set these items ... with these values, etc.).

Can you see something like that in your Apex version?
Re: Aligning buttons Horizontally [message #597000 is a reply to message #596996] Sun, 29 September 2013 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeniorInvissible
When I click on the button to it properties, under the section button request value, when I drop down the box, I'm seeing an option "item (application or page item name)" but not seeing any field to input the page name or number.
See below:

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/jenbabe223/1_zps6fbedea5.jpg

Dropping down the combo box:

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/jenbabe223/2_zpsce1f92ed.jpg
Re: Aligning buttons Horizontally [message #597002 is a reply to message #597000] Sun, 29 September 2013 09:41 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that you are right, and I was wrong. I'm sorry, but I forgot how 3.2 buttons look like ...

Anyway: I located 3.2 documentation and checked what it says about buttons. It says that navigation we talk about (redirection to another page) should be done as a branch which takes place after a button is pushed. Have a look at
- buttons
- about branching with buttons
- controlling navigation using branches

I hope you'll manage to accomplish your task by following these instructions.
Previous Topic: Apex
Next Topic: Is it possible to prevent collapse region dynamically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:53:08 CDT 2024