Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How To monitor triggers behavior of schemas (10g, 10.2.0.1, window server 2008)
How To monitor triggers behavior of schemas [message #632500] Mon, 02 February 2015 00:21 Go to next message
ashishkumarmahanta80
Dear All,

Every day, some of the triggers are getting DISABLE.
May be some of the developer executing script explicitly to disable the trigger of schema's. But, no one aware of it.

Since, the owner is having DBA rights. Please suggest, how can we find out the cause of it?
I have enabled the parameter audit as DB. But it will audit only sys users behavior. This problem is happening for non-sys user.

Waiting for your kind response on the same...

Regards,
Ashish Kumar Mahanta
Re: How To monitor triggers behavior of schemas [message #632502 is a reply to message #632500] Mon, 02 February 2015 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
the owner is having DBA rights.

Remove that, immediately; but this does not explain the behaviour unless your developers have also the owner password, in this case, change it immediately and forbid all developers from the production database.

Quote:
I have enabled the parameter audit as DB. But it will audit only sys users behavior.

You also have to tell Oracle what you want to audit using the AUDIT statement.
For instance, "AUDIT TRIGGER;".

Re: How To monitor triggers behavior of schemas [message #632558 is a reply to message #632502] Tue, 03 February 2015 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashishkumarmahanta80
Dear Michel,

Main concern is to find out who is executing sql statements to change the status of triggers from Enable to Disable.

After changing the parameter values of audit_trail from none to db. All the statements are getting captured in dba_common_audit_trail view.
Through which, I can get the statements along with user's details.

My problem is resolved, now.

Thanks,

Regards,
Ashish Kumar Mahanta
Re: How To monitor triggers behavior of schemas [message #632561 is a reply to message #632558] Tue, 03 February 2015 03:21 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Thanks for the feedback.

Previous Topic: Row level security
Next Topic: oracle Security Alert for bash vulnerabilities CVE-2014-6271 and CVE-2014-7169
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:47:35 CDT 2024