Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Creating a letter - self populated fields but free text body (Oracle Reports)
Creating a letter - self populated fields but free text body [message #636581] Tue, 28 April 2015 09:24 Go to next message
teagemini
hi

I'm creating an official work letter and it has a number of self populating fields (ie name, address, case number). It needs to be a free text body so that when a member of staff inputs the parameters, the form will open with the pre-populated fields and they can type in the body of the letter with any text they need to in any length of paragraphs (so it may even fall onto page 2). The pre-populated signature will also have to sit underneath the body of the text.

I've already created the letter with the letter head and parameters so that when the user opens the letter, it will have their pre-populated fields in there but I have no idea how to create a body of text that will accept free text when report is opened and then expand with the signature beneath it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can achieve this please as I'm a newbie at reports? I read about 'fillable' pdf software but is there a way it can be done in oracle reports and no third party software?
Thank you Smile

Re: Creating a letter - self populated fields but free text body [message #636608 is a reply to message #636581] Wed, 29 April 2015 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd use a form (developed with Oracle Forms Builder) which enables you to create letter body. Then, call the report from that form.

The signature is, I presume, a scanned image. Just create a field at the bottom of the report. If it is stored on the application server, report's query will have to SELECT image name (such as "signature.jpg"; field's properties: "Read from file" will be "Yes", "File format" will be "Image".
Re: Creating a letter - self populated fields but free text body [message #636633 is a reply to message #636608] Wed, 29 April 2015 09:24 Go to previous message
teagemini
Thank you....I'll try that Smile
Previous Topic: Group Left report sort DESCending order (report 6i) (merged)
Next Topic: Print three copies of report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:26:45 CDT 2024