Home » Server Options » Replication » Replication from one database to other database (Oracle 11g)
Replication from one database to other database [message #639367] Mon, 06 July 2015 08:19 Go to next message
prashas_d
Hello All,

I have few tables in a database which need to be replicated to other database.

There are all types of tables like Small volume tables (hundreds of records), Medium volume tables (around 100K to 500K) and 1 Huge volume table (500 million) .

The replication frequency of some tables are 4 hours and some other tables are per day basis.

I came across few techniques in replication like:

1) Using a materialized view in destination database with db link to source database. The refresh time can be set to as per expected frequency.

2) Use a process to query the required tables from source database and generate a CSV file. Then, use a SQL loader to load this file into destination database.

3) Oracle Streams - I have not much familiar of this oracle feature but I heard this is what for which Oracle streams are used. But not sure about potential complications in using this.

Could anyone please suggest me which approach is better for which scenario (based on volume or replication frequency)?

I am sorry for posting such a question without preliminary analysis but I need to answer to this question to my team members urgently and do not have much time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
prashas_d
Re: Replication from one database to other database [message #639368 is a reply to message #639367] Mon, 06 July 2015 08:25 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Required information is what is the volume of modification on the tables, especially the biggest one.
Do you make bulk update/delete/insert on these tables? If so, forget Streams.
Have you an efficient network? If no, forget mviews.

I should go to the following process:
Use 1) unless something make it not work, then go to 3) unless not work, then go to export/import or transportable tablespace unless not work, then go to 2)

Previous Topic: OGG archive log only - log compatibility
Next Topic: OGG-01921 Oracle GoldenGate Delivery for Oracle, rep1.prm: Missing GETBEFORECOLS with conflict det
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:19:50 CDT 2024