Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » sqlnet.expire_time (DB 12.x)
sqlnet.expire_time [message #657254] Wed, 02 November 2016 18:50 Go to next message
John Watson
I have a problem with idle sessions being disconnected by a network load balancer. It could be fixed by setting a sqlnet.expire_time in the server's sqlnet.ora file so that the server would send a probe to the client every few seconds, but the server is an Oracle Cloud server and they won't change it just for me. Is there a way to configure the client to send something every few seconds to keep the session alive?

THank you for any insight.
Re: sqlnet.expire_time [message #657255 is a reply to message #657254] Wed, 02 November 2016 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/NETRF/sqlnet.htm#NETRF181

"Overview of Profile Configuration File
The sqlnet.ora file is the profile configuration file. It resides on the client machines and the database server."

It resides on the client machines
Re: sqlnet.expire_time [message #657256 is a reply to message #657255] Wed, 02 November 2016 20:19 Go to previous message
John Watson
Thank you for replying, but sqlnet.expire_time is one of the parameters that is effective only when set in the server side sqlnet.ora file. I need something that can be done on the client.
Previous Topic: Oracle and SQL Connection
Next Topic: CONNECT TO DB2 ERROR by Oracle Gateway in Linux "ORA-28500 AND Data source name not found, and no de
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:52:05 CDT 2024