Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Add text field to existing repeating frame (Oracle Reports 6i)
Add text field to existing repeating frame [message #661557] Thu, 23 March 2017 13:39 Go to next message
rkhatiwala
Hello,

How can I add a new text field to already existing repeating frame? When I try to add a field, on layout it looks as if it is in the repeating frame, but it is not. If i see in Navigator, it is above the repeating frame.

Thanks,
RK
Re: Add text field to existing repeating frame [message #661563 is a reply to message #661557] Thu, 23 March 2017 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Here's how I do that: after I create a field in Paper Layout Editor, it looks as if it is within the frame (but it is most probably not, just like in your case). Then I select the frame and paint it white (or red, blue ... doesn't matter, it just shouldn't be transparent). Once you do that, you'll see that it "hides" newly created field.

Now, use Reports Builder's menu (I believe it is the "Layout"; can't check now) and use "Move backward" option. Repeat that action (there's the keyboard shortcut for it, <Ctrl + ]> or something like that) until you finally see the field on the screen - it means that the frame is now behind the field. If you check the Navigator, you'll see the field belongs to the correct frame.

Finally, remove the frame color.
Re: Add text field to existing repeating frame [message #663562 is a reply to message #661563] Thu, 08 June 2017 03:38 Go to previous message
Lubna
1- select field and press CTRL+X
2- then select frame where you want to display this field
3- after selecting frame, just paste the field CTRL+V
4- and then align it within the frame if it outside pasted.
that's it.
Previous Topic: Report in Export in Excel Format
Next Topic: Excell Report Genearation With Formula Column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:09:56 CDT 2024