Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How would you describe the ORACLE_HOME environment variable? (MAC)
How would you describe the ORACLE_HOME environment variable? [message #661931] Thu, 06 April 2017 09:59 Go to next message
simon_zhao
Anyone who can help me with this questions? I'm not sure C or D which is correct, please reply as soon as possible, thanks.

How would you describe the ORACLE_HOME environment variable?

A. It specifies the root of OFA directory structure.
B. It specifies the default value for the Oracle Managed files parameters DB_CREATE_FILE_DEST and DB_CREATE_ONLINE_LOG_DEST_n.
C. It specifies the location of the Oracle software.
D. It specifies the location of inventory used by the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI)
Re: How would you describe the ORACLE_HOME environment variable? [message #661932 is a reply to message #661931] Thu, 06 April 2017 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

No-one here is going to do your college homework for you! That would be cheating. What do you think of the four answers?
Re: How would you describe the ORACLE_HOME environment variable? [message #661933 is a reply to message #661931] Thu, 06 April 2017 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Database Installation Guide
Glossary
ORACLE_HOME

By the way, does ORACLE_HOME exist on Mac?

Re: How would you describe the ORACLE_HOME environment variable? [message #661934 is a reply to message #661933] Thu, 06 April 2017 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simon_zhao
Hi Michel,

The OS is windows, sorry for the misleading. BTW, which option I have to choose, I read the link that you provided, but not quite sure which option is correct, can you help me with the answer? Thanks.
Re: How would you describe the ORACLE_HOME environment variable? [message #661941 is a reply to message #661934] Thu, 06 April 2017 11:52 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Did you read the "see also" part which actually is the next paragraph?

Previous Topic: Auditing Oracle 11g
Next Topic: Tablespace question, need the answer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:00:16 CDT 2024