Home » Other » General » Doubting my laptop is being monitored (Windows 10)
Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #665914] Mon, 02 October 2017 02:21 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Dear all,

Recently, I doubt my laptop was monitored in silent mode because of strange signal, I can not verify it, describe the signal how was strange, I did not detect what was them, where was them.

My Windows is activated license, and I have got KIS 2017, all of them, are working still right now.

I have got something privacy, such as my pictures family, my daughter and my son was in special location which only I knew, somedays ago, I have got a keen on eyes to the other machine, suddenly, then I saw one of capture monitor of my picture opening. I never did not used any USB, any external storage, and my laptop has got touch id plus strong password. Whenever to unlock my laptop, I must combined entering my password and scanning my touch id.

No accident can occurred, none of backdoor to my laptop (I trust to KIS), but I could not image I were in monitored status.

I know, this is Oracle forum, and I've ever got respectively the rule and the role as long, then, I am sorry, I did not how to troubleshoot this case.

May you advice me something?

Thank you for your help.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 October 2017 02:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #665915 is a reply to message #665914] Mon, 02 October 2017 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Who set your laptop up? Was it you, or someone from your company's IT department? Check whether they install software that enables them to connect to other computers. One of these is Radmin (used in my company). It makes it possible to connect to another computer "silently" (as you call it) so that other person doesn't even know it; or, you can connect in order to control that computer (i.e. both of you can simultaneously work on it - that's how we use it. When someone needs help, we don't have to go into his/her office but do it remotely); or, you can connect to it in data transfer mode and exchange files (I can take files from their computer or I can put files to them).

Over here, we install it by default, everyone knows that it exists and - no, we don't use it to spy our colleagues (at least, we aren't allowed to do that and, as far as I know, we don't do that).
Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #665918 is a reply to message #665915] Mon, 02 October 2017 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
Littlefoot wrote on Mon, 02 October 2017 07:39
Who set your laptop up? Was it you, or someone from your company's IT department?
It's my laptop, only me own it, no one touch my laptop.

Quote:

Check whether they install software that enables them to connect to other computers. One of these is Radmin (used in my company). It makes it possible to connect to another computer "silently" (as you call it) so that other person doesn't even know it; or, you can connect in order to control that computer (i.e. both of you can simultaneously work on it - that's how we use it.
Thank you for your advice, however, I control any connection from my laptop or from another machine, in deed, only I've got open the connection from my laptop to VPN. That's all I knew.

Quote:

When someone needs help, we don't have to go into his/her office but do it remotely); or, you can connect to it in data transfer mode and exchange files (I can take files from their computer or I can put files to them).

Over here, we install it by default, everyone knows that it exists and - no, we don't use it to spy our colleagues (at least, we aren't allowed to do that and, as far as I know, we don't do that).
Thank you, I just only want to some website such as security to make more clear, because I've not ever known about security.
Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #665933 is a reply to message #665918] Tue, 03 October 2017 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gazzag
trantuananh24hg wrote on Mon, 02 October 2017 10:11

If you're connecting your personal laptop to a corporate network there will probably be some terms and conditions (T&Cs) that you agreed to. Are you connecting to their network?
Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #665965 is a reply to message #665933] Wed, 04 October 2017 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
gazzag wrote on Tue, 03 October 2017 09:48
trantuananh24hg wrote on Mon, 02 October 2017 10:11

If you're connecting your personal laptop to a corporate network there will probably be some terms and conditions (T&Cs) that you agreed to. Are you connecting to their network?
Thank you, gazza, exactly, I used my office network.
And I have no idea because I am a newbie of network knowledgement.
Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #665966 is a reply to message #665965] Thu, 05 October 2017 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It took 7 years and you misspelling his name for me to realize that gazzag is, actually, a palindrome. Whoa!
Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #676549 is a reply to message #665966] Sat, 15 June 2019 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
henderson_horton
i think you are just doubting about it, if you have that much secured laptop how is it possible for someone to get access to it.
Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #676571 is a reply to message #676549] Wed, 19 June 2019 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
This thread is well over a year old. I doubt the OP is following any longer.
Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #676590 is a reply to message #676571] Thu, 20 June 2019 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It doesn't matter. We are following it Smile
Re: Doubting my laptop is being monitored [message #676600 is a reply to message #676590] Fri, 21 June 2019 23:16 Go to previous message
EdStevens
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 16:21
It doesn't matter. We are following it Smile
But we wouldn't be if HendersonHorton hadn't bumped it back into the 'recent' list. Shocked Smile
Previous Topic: OEM 13.3 DB_FEATUREUSAGE deprecated
Next Topic: How to call a tablespace and a proprietary user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:06:15 CDT 2024