Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » .patch_storage cleanup (DB 12.2.x)
.patch_storage cleanup [message #670778] Wed, 25 July 2018 06:18 Go to next message
John Watson
Just preparing to apply the July RU, and wondering about the $ORACLE_HOME/.patch_storage directory. It is a few GB and this server has several Oracle Homes installed. I could use the disc space.

According to

opatch util cleanup -help

I can do a cleanup and will still be able to rollback patches afterwards. This is important not because I want to roll back any patches myself, but because applying the OJVM RU does rollback the previous OJVM RU. So presumably it needs the .patch_storage information.

Has anyone done this cleanup, and can confirm that there were no issues later?

Thank you for any insight.

Re: .patch_storage cleanup [message #670783 is a reply to message #670778] Wed, 25 July 2018 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPBoileau
I'm not a fan of deleting anything under the $ORACLE_HOME, but I would consider zipping that directory and putting it on another storage location if you truly need the disk space.

JP
Re: .patch_storage cleanup [message #670925 is a reply to message #670783] Fri, 03 August 2018 05:10 Go to previous message
John Watson
Thanks for replying, I haven't tried it yet. I do have enough space to squeeze through applying the July RU. When I've done that I'll do the test on one Oracle Home: zip up and copy the directory, run the cleanup, and then see if I can still uninstall the RU.
Previous Topic: redo log switch count for RAC instance
Next Topic: When does an index require to be rebuilt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:52:43 CDT 2024