Home » Other » General » How to call a tablespace and a proprietary user (SQL Developer )
How to call a tablespace and a proprietary user [message #676699] Sat, 06 July 2019 11:00 Go to next message
RafaelLR94
Good afternoon to the whole community.
It turns out that recently I did an exam on Oracle and in the first question of the exam I was asked something similar to this (I do not remember exactly the question but it was something like that):
1.- Create a Tablespace, a user owner, users, roles, permissions etc ... (I was told that the database called "EASY_CLICK_BD" was already created).

I, seeing that the tables had as titles: Supplier, category, Products etc ...
I named the tablespace "Almacen_BD" and the owner user "Almacen".

The teacher has put these two sections of the exercise badly whole because it defends that it is mandatory to call the tablespace and the user equal or in a similar way as the Database to what I defend myself with, that this is not true, given that in no oracle manual I haven't seen that reference is made to that obligation or I don't think it will influence anything in the operation or optimization of the database because Oracle does not understand the name that you put to things if not relationships internal that it establishes between the elements.

Who gives me your opinion?
It is appreciated.
Re: How to call a tablespace and a proprietary user [message #676700 is a reply to message #676699] Sat, 06 July 2019 11:45 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

There is no obligation to give the same name for a user and a tablespace and even no reason as a user may have objects stored in several (and even many) tablespaces for different reasons like availability, maintenance, backup/restore, performances...

However many enterprises have a standard for naming tablespaces containing objects of a user (and only its objects) with a name derived from this user name (like you did).

Previous Topic: Doubting my laptop is being monitored
Next Topic: drop indexes while in use
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:52:41 CDT 2024