Home » Other » General » SQL Formatter everyone is using
SQL Formatter everyone is using [message #682384] Wed, 21 October 2020 09:07 Go to next message
manubatham20

Hello,

What SQL formatter you use to format your SQLs.
Till I work with Toad, everything was in Toad, but since I have started using IntelliJ IDE,
I'm always having problem parsing and correctly formatting my SQLs in one certain manner.

Just wondering, which tools you use in order to get your SQL formatted, and would be nice if it can be integrated with IDEs like intellij.

Thanks,
Manu
Re: SQL Formatter everyone is using [message #682389 is a reply to message #682384] Wed, 21 October 2020 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

SQL Formatter

Re: SQL Formatter everyone is using [message #682392 is a reply to message #682384] Wed, 21 October 2020 11:11 Go to previous message
EdStevens
The 'formatter' I use when writing my own code is my own brain. I format it as I go because it is easier for me to keep straight in my own mind what I'm doing. If I'm in an IDE like SQL Developer, I may - or may not - touch up my code by invoking the built-in formatter. If I'm looking at someone else's poorly formatted - or unformatted - code, I'll copy it out and paste it into the site linked by Michel Cadot.

But to repeat - when initially writing code, format it yourself as you go.
Previous Topic: How to run oracle xe 19c database GUI on oracle linux 8
Next Topic: Is MOS down
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:23:31 CDT 2024