Home » Other » General » Autonomous Database (shared vs. dedicated)
Autonomous Database (shared vs. dedicated) [message #684932] Tue, 28 September 2021 10:48 Go to next message
joy_division
So, I started a new job and they use Autonomous Database in the Cloud. They are using the shared model vs. dedicated. There is no way to see any logs with this model, at least none I can find.
How do people deal with that, or is my new company heading down a path that is really meant for small databases or those that are fully stable and not in active development?
Re: Autonomous Database (shared vs. dedicated) [message #684934 is a reply to message #684932] Tue, 28 September 2021 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Autonomous, eh? My experience is limited to the Always Free, but it is definitely not only for small systems - rather the reverse, I think! The way I look at it is that it is unbelievably powerful and very cheap. If you need it. I forget the detail, but I think you get almost all the options (even in-memory) paying only as much per month as you would in just support for EE with no options on-premises. Our OCI clients don't need all that, they need only Standard Edition. Autonomous is over priced for that.

For the logs, do you mean things like alert log and trace files? I think there are routines for copying them to the object store and download from there, otherwise you have to use v$diag_trace_file_contents to see traces (they are in the payload column) and v$diag_alert_ext.

HTH.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 September 2021 12:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Autonomous Database (shared vs. dedicated) [message #684935 is a reply to message #684934] Tue, 28 September 2021 15:38 Go to previous message
joy_division
Thanks John. Yes, the alert logs. Not necessarily the trace files, but those couldn't hurt!

Autonomous database is new to me, so I am learning. I will take a look to see if anyone at the company is familiar with the routines to copy them to the object store.
Previous Topic: No Database Monitoring possible with ESL/EMB Licence?
Next Topic: Accessing Oracle DB from Windev Mobile app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:50:02 CDT 2024