Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » column hide and show (Oracle forms 6i)
column hide and show [message #686153] Sun, 26 June 2022 09:58 Go to next message
Usama bin jafar
Hi,

There are several column in table in forms. I want to hide a column on form at run time and finish the distance between remaining column by pressing a single button. Which query or property could i use for this purpose.

kindly help me out.
Re: column hide and show [message #686154 is a reply to message #686153] Sun, 26 June 2022 15:24 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you want to do that when you press the button, then use WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger and SET_ITEM_PROPERTY built-in (with the DISPLAYED property set to false).

I don't understand what "... and finish the distance between remaining column" means. What is "finish" in this context?

If you meant to say to "move" remaining fields left (so that they fill the gap as one of fields will not be displayed any more), then this is SET_ITEM_PROPERTY again, but this time its POSITION property.

For more info, open Forms Online Help system, search for that built-in and read about its properties.

Finally: I'm not sure I'd really want to remove any fields and took that effort of moving other fields to new positions. Seems like a lot of job to do and not that much to gain. Which problem are you actually trying to solve?
Previous Topic: .ORA-12154 ERROR
Next Topic: .fmb to .txt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:56:16 CDT 2024