Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » How does one set up a common SQL*Net connect string for all Real Application cluster database instan
How does one set up a common SQL*Net connect string for all Real Application cluster database instan [message #66040] Fri, 19 October 2001 00:14 Go to next message
Prashant S
I want to connect Oracle9i client to a Real Application cluster database.But when I open Net configuration assistant or Net Manager on client to configure Net Services Names configuration, it asks me to enter the name of hosts where database resides ? There are 2 nodes in my RAC cluster.Which hostname should I give.Ideally speaking, my database belongs to both the nodes because it is a shared databse.
Can anyone please help?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: How does one set up a common SQL*Net connect string for all Real Application cluster database in [message #66045 is a reply to message #66040] Wed, 24 October 2001 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
SIR,

I THINK YOU CAN ENTER ANY HOST NAME.
TRY IT.

K.SREENIVASAN

Re: How does one set up a common SQL*Net connect string for all Real Application cluster database in [message #66050 is a reply to message #66040] Thu, 25 October 2001 07:26 Go to previous message
prashant
Hi Sreenivasan,
Finally I got the things in place.I simply gave two addresses each having diffrent hostname in tnsnames.ora file and also included load_balance=on in the file.
This allows me to connect to the cluster database even if not all the instances of it are up.
Today I have posted another message related to Transparent Application Failover.Please try to reply to it.I see no reason why Oracle people are so poor at documentation.

Previous Topic: Re: Can't Install 8i Client on Pentium 4 , NT 4 machine??
Next Topic: Re: Can't Install 8i Client on Pentium 4 , NT 4 machine??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:49:55 CDT 2024