Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Oracle listener on Windows 98 and imp/exp tools
Oracle listener on Windows 98 and imp/exp tools [message #66055] Fri, 26 October 2001 03:20 Go to next message
Jayant
Hi,
I have problem using Oracle's imp and exp tools on Windows 98. I'm working with Oracle8i Lite on Win98. I cannot start the listener on Win98 as lsnrctl.exe itself is missing from my installation. How do I start a listener? Where do I get this tool? Is is a part of the Oracle8i Lite installation or a separate package?
Thanks,
Jayant

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle listener on Windows 98 and imp/exp tools [message #66093 is a reply to message #66055] Fri, 09 November 2001 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
SIR,

SEARCH THIS FILE "LSNRCTL.EXE".IT MAY BE IN THE
ORALCE_HOMEBIN DIRECTORY.

K.SREENIVASAN

Re: Oracle listener on Windows 98 and imp/exp tools [message #66102 is a reply to message #66055] Sun, 11 November 2001 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jayant
The information I have got so far tells me that Oracle doesn't deploy listener with 8i Lite. Listener is only 8i Server feature. Exp/imp should not be used with 8i Lite. Use OLLOAD.EXE instead. It exports/imports *only* one table at a time to/from a text file. Not as powerful as exp/imp.

Re: Oracle listener on Windows 98 and imp/exp tools [message #66198 is a reply to message #66055] Wed, 23 January 2002 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GHARBI
lsctrnl.exe is located on ORACLEORA81BIN
you launch it from the dos prompt you 'll have a prompt from where you can launch the command
START <Listener name > for starting a listener

and STATUS <listener> to see the parameters
Off course you must have been define a listener throught net8Assistant or directly throught listener.ora
I have got the free personnel oracle8i wich is a excellent tool for testing oracle concepts
Re: Oracle listener on Windows 98 and imp/exp tools [message #66282 is a reply to message #66093] Sun, 03 March 2002 06:16 Go to previous message
Ravi
I have the same problem,, I have installed Personal Oracle 8.1.5.0.0 on win98 insted of winNT. And I also could not find LSNRCTL.EXE in my relevent directory,,insted of I could found LSNRAUTO.EXE ,, so where can I found this LSNRCTL.EXE to download, or shell I put any version of LSNRCTL.EXE in my relevent dirctory. Pl. help me to sort out for this problems.
Ravi
Previous Topic: Connect to a database through a webserver
Next Topic: Re: Windows 2000 service Pack 2 - Oracle Client 8.1.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:34:31 CDT 2024